Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #6851 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamber View Post
Hoping to upgrade Stephano's tank ASAP~!!! Anyone know what color gravel would help him show up better? He's a darker blue and red and against the black gravel it's pretty hard to see him.

Bright green... Pink. Mostly bright colors and maybe bright blue.
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #6852 
Atena

cute!

What are the tree little white balls in the bottom?

I would go with the opposites on the color wheel, red is opposed by green and blue by orange.

I would go with a orange or yellow gravel with green plants. Light color toys will help also, if he is the one dark spek int he tank it might help show him off more.

If you are looking for something more subtle you can always do a white or light natural tone substrate with a light wood log, orange toys and green plants.
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #6853 
Atena

Just updating... I just added new ground cover grass, hope it grow well.

I also made a new smaller flower "Hammock" from the silk and foam top of a water lili that turned out to be too big for my tank. You can see the yellow flower stuck to the back wall.

I have one more plant in quarantine, a tall grass that will camouflage the heater.

The next to go is are the blue plants on the filter baffle. I am looking for blue silk plants for that area.

2.5 Gallon.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #6854 
Greylady

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
He ATE the sand?
Yup, ate it. Took me a while to figure out that's what was causing his swim bladder issues, but once I got rid of the sand he had no more problems.
Greylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #6855 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atena View Post
Just updating... I just added new ground cover grass, hope it grow well.

I also made a new smaller flower "Hammock" from the silk and foam top of a water lili that turned out to be too big for my tank. You can see the yellow flower stuck to the back wall.

I have one more plant in quarantine, a tall grass that will camouflage the heater.

The next to go is are the blue plants on the filter baffle. I am looking for blue silk plants for that area.

2.5 Gallon.
Wow your tank is BEAUTIFUL!!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #6856 
dkwannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
Attachment 60999
20 gallon divided into fourths
Attachment 61000
10 gallon divided in half
Attachment 61001
2.5 gallon
Lovely setup! I am looking to build a tank like your 20 gallon. Is there anyway you can tell me what materials you used (for the dividers, for instance) and how you went about constructing it?

Thanks!
dkwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #6857 
Atena

Thanks Teeney
Old 07-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #6858 
FishyFishy89

I recently(a weekish ago) purchased some more anacharis. 2 bushels of it. Well actually 1 small bushel and 1 BIG bushel(i think the "pet care" guy was mad I called him out on his "liability").
So I got more plants. And their flourshing nicely. I also plopped(not literally) Mr. Clean into Spike's tank. I've been monitoring the water levels very closely. 1st half of the week I was testing twice a day. Then to once a day. Now every other day and will soon be slowing down to once a week before each water change.
The plants have just been eating up every bit of ammonia. I'm not getting any! Flat out ZERO. Also, Spike and Mr. Clean have been getting along well too.
Anyhow, here's a short video of Spike, Mr. Clean and some of the tank. Oh and a kitty xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSyH3tlmulQ
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:34 AM   #6859 
Batmantha

Gotta fix up the airline next time I do a water change and neaten it up a bit

My second giant's home.
He is a blue and white marble Giant
Batmantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #6860 
kellyyoungmoney

atena i love the grass in your tank!
kellyyoungmoney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank