Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #1 
katrina89

Wink decided not to divide the 5.5g

So update on Seabiscuit and Crimson... i was going to divide the tank... even bought a divider from amazon that is on its way... but the husband convinced me not to divide and SB has made his first bubbles nest and has become more and more active in his new home and i cannot take it from him now... soo we are goin to keep Crimson in SB's old 1.7g tank... for now anyway..eventually i'll upgrade him to a 2.5...just not right now...no more spending on fish stuff nemore...Im gonna set up crimsons tank tomorrow right now hes in a 1g kritterkeeper.

i'll update you all on their progress soon
katrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #2 
Alcemistnv

Please do :)

I'm hoping Buddha and Pudge behave in their tank, Especially since I don't enjoy the thought of having all this money/time spent for me to just leave Buddha as is.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #3 
teeneythebetta

Aww I'm sure sea biscuit appreciates the space!
I also have decided not to divide my tank. After losing tiny (R.I.P) I think I'm just going to stick with 1 betta. I can't have another tank so Teeney gets to enjoy the 10 gal to herself :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #4 
katrina89

yea one thing i think messed it u for us is that SB has had the tank to himself for a month and now he feels as if its his territory and is thoroughly enjoying all the space and so i cant divide it now... i want to upgrade crimson but im gonna wait and hope the husband gets me a 2.5g or 3g tank for xmass...... the 1.7g is good enough for him for now... but i think its completely feasible for pudge and buddha to share a tank:)
Old 07-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #5 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina89 View Post
yea one thing i think messed it u for us is that SB has had the tank to himself for a month and now he feels as if its his territory and is thoroughly enjoying all the space and so i cant divide it now... i want to upgrade crimson but im gonna wait and hope the husband gets me a 2.5g or 3g tank for xmass...... the 1.7g is good enough for him for now... but i think its completely feasible for pudge and buddha to share a tank:)
The 1.7 gal is perfectly OK for a temporary tank as long as the proper water changes are done.
Maybe hubby can get you a tank during black Friday sales? :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #6 
katrina89

our wedding anniversary is the day after thx giving... and he hates crowds haha no i dont think he will be shopping for me during black friday haha... but he may choose to get me a 2g for a cheap xmass gift... ill drop a couple hints... but to be honest he may just want me to use the 1.7 until it breaks haha... and yea ill make sure to make proper water changes... it seems to be enough room for swimming and decor... at first we thought it was a 2gallon bec it said it was... but its deff not... its close tho...ill see how crimson deals... ill be able to tell if he hates it... i dont know his personality quite yet so i cant tell if the 1.7 is enough space... i know SB was deff ok with it... but each betta is diff