Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #881 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
OMG, we just had a hailstorm with almost marble sized hail! For some reason this forum won't let me post videos so I can't post the video I took.
Oh..wish I could see the video! Hail is one of the most fascinating storms!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #882 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I had some hail last night *shivers* I do the gluten free diet too. I have a couple days I spoil myself but I was having tummy aches and gaining weight. I decided to cut out the Gluten (wheat, whey, rye, barley) and I am reducing my soda (because of the sodium) and I have lost 22 pounds. I have hip dysplasia too and my hips haven't hurt nearly as bad. It sucks but you can have a naughty day every now and then. It's worth it.
Yeah, I still have a problem with soda...but, I can only cut out so much at one time lol. I do have a "slip" in the wheat/grains sometimes, but very seldom with the way it makes me feel. I am not so stringent that I can't have what I want most of the time, I just ask myself first, "Do I want to feel good right this second by eating it, and pay later"? I don't care so much about the weight as I do the other benefits I have gained from no wheat/grains. I feel the return of symptoms even with a small bit of those, so I try to satisfy myself with something else. I just love that on this eating lifestyle I have that I don't have to count cals or fat...and I feel great!

Great job on the weight loss!

Last edited by Bettanewbie60; 07-27-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 07-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #883 
dramaqueen
Banned

Congrats on the weight loss, Shirley. I need to do something about my weight but I just don't have the will power right now. A fee years ago I did the South Beach diet and lost close to 20 lbs. I was really proud of myself. We went to a 50th wedding anniversary dinner and I ate a couple of bites of cheese and crackers, some fruit and some pretzels. And a smallnpiece of cake. Lol. I think I lost about 3 or 4 lbs that week.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #884 
Shirleythebetta

Yep the weight loss is just a plus. The pain loss is the greatest reward. Hip dysplasia can be horrible and mine was. I also had tail bone injuries from when I was a child. I walk with a slight limp because of the dysplasia. It either stiffens your hips or sends terrible pain. My right hip pops out of place but the gluten thing coupled with the weight loss and the lack of soda I am hurting so much less. I am still a fatty but that isn't my focus. It's just reducing that darn pain. And thank you guys for the congrats. It is a nice feeling to put on clothes that were once to tight and realize they are falling off. lol.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #885 
dramaqueen
Banned

I need to get off my butt and exercise. I've got 3 treadmills at my clubhouse and haven't used them in several years.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #886 
dramaqueen
Banned

Bad McGee! He scared the crap out of me! He was in his little hut with his tail hanging out and I tapped gently on the side of his container. No movement. I tapped a little harder. No movement. So I thought, I'm going to wait awhile to see if he comes out or changes positions before deciding he kicked the bucket. A few minutes later he's swimming around like nothing's wrong. lol Bad boy.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:31 AM   #887 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Bad McGee! He scared the crap out of me! He was in his little hut with his tail hanging out and I tapped gently on the side of his container. No movement. I tapped a little harder. No movement. So I thought, I'm going to wait awhile to see if he comes out or changes positions before deciding he kicked the bucket. A few minutes later he's swimming around like nothing's wrong. lol Bad boy.
Omgosh! I hate that...Buddy did that to me earlier today! I looked and looked for him, didn't see him, yelled for hubby, and Buddy swam casually out of his log..I just couldn't see him lol...sigh. I hope you are well, and that your mother is too! Let me know how she makes out at the docs Tues. hugs
Old 07-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #888 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm the one going to the doctor's on tuesday for my hand and wrist.
I used to have a betta named Buddy. He was the sweetest fish. He would look right at me when I talked to him and I swear he looked like he understood everything I said to him. When he was dying I checked on him every few hours and talk to him. He would wave his little pectorals when I did that. He wasn't the prettiest fish in the world but he sure had the best personality.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:50 AM   #889 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
I'm the one going to the doctor's on tuesday for my hand and wrist.
I used to have a betta named Buddy. He was the sweetest fish. He would look right at me when I talked to him and I swear he looked like he understood everything I said to him. When he was dying I checked on him every few hours and talk to him. He would wave his little pectorals when I did that. He wasn't the prettiest fish in the world but he sure had the best personality.
Oops...thought it was Mom going Tuesday. Well, wishing YOU the best with your visit then!
I love my Buddy...he has improved so much since I got him a month ago. And yes, he seems to be "listening" when I go in and talk to him, he even does that little betta flirt dance for me lol. I love him. I can't believe I just got another one..that makes 4 in one month...these fish are like a drug lol! Have a great night DQ!
Old 07-30-2012, 01:12 AM   #890 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yes, they're very addictive. lol Thanks. You have a good night, too.