Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #43651 
Sakura8

Ropefish are expert escape artists and can breathe outside of water. Get a super good cover. They can slither through tiny holes.

Bichirs have teeth. Sharp ones, from what I hear. Get a violet dragon goby! I love those! Except I've heard mixed things about them needing brackish water. Boo.

Pacman toads are scary.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #43652 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

You know, as long as jaysee says okay I'm getting ropefish. Ropefish are kept in brackish water but seriously fish say they prefer acidic to neutral so I don't think brackish is something they need. I can have up to 3, but lord fish are expensive. And for the first time I'm worried about feeding.. shrimp, white fish fillet, mussel, earthworms. I finally have motivation to get a job.
I finally understand why the monster fish keepers add "big appetites" to the end of their motto.
As for a lid.. I'll weigh it down with rocks or bricks or something.

He looks like he's SMILING.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #43653 
eaturbyfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Ropefish are expert escape artists and can breathe outside of water. Get a super good cover. They can slither through tiny holes.

Bichirs have teeth. Sharp ones, from what I hear. Get a violet dragon goby! I love those! Except I've heard mixed things about them needing brackish water. Boo.

Pacman toads are scary.
Yeah. One of the few that have teeth (they are like sets of little fangs). I wouldn't pick it up like the other toads. How could something be so cute and so vicious?!
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #43654 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Get a violet dragon goby!
I want one.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #43655 
eaturbyfill

Also, I posted this in another thread, and I was wondering if any of you peeps could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaturbyfill View Post
Hello, I was considering getting a Dwarf or Honey Gourami and 5 Cardinal Tetras for my empty 10g. Would this be suitable, or not? I want to make sure before I decide.

I have two empty tanks, one will be a quarantine, and the other either for these fish, some other combination, or another divided Betta tank.

Thanks in advance for the help and advice.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #43656 
Silverfang

Olympia - that's not a smile, that's a cat that ate the canary grin!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #43657 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Heheheheheh. It's forgivable my sweetie!
I've gone mad. Mad I tell you.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #43658 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaturbyfill View Post
Also, I posted this in another thread, and I was wondering if any of you peeps could help.
That sounds fine to me for a 10gal. For cardinals, water needs to be super, super soft. And you could easily fit 8 cardinals in there. More the merrier.

Olympia, my fish profile book says they only get up to 16" so you should be fine.

All the monster fish need big food. But Sparky, why, why couldn't you choose to eat beefheart instead of expensive pellets?!?

Okay, Olympics are on so I'm off. Night!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #43659 
Yuuie

hi all back from work. just answered the phone it was long distance and they asked for me so i said speaking and they hung up O.o. seems a little rude to me or just a bad connection either way probably not overly important if they hung up.
Yuuie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #43660 
djembekah

kira looks like she has a fuzzy spot on her tail. i might be crazy though, but i put her in a tupperware with epsom salt. i know that's probably not the best i could do, but i'm not 100% sure it is a fuzzy spot, so i figured epsom salt was okay

also the 29 gallon was looking cloudy and yucksy so i did like, almost a 50% change. it still looks cloudy and yuck. i also scrubbed guck off the filter cartridge of the internal filter. i hope it clears up :(

Last edited by djembekah; 07-30-2012 at 10:23 PM.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese