Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 07:03 PM   #61 
dramaqueen
Banned

OMG I was in Our Town in college!! I was Mrs Soames the town gossip. Lol. I love performing and I'm on the drama team at my church. I also sing.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #62 
dramaqueen
Banned

Oh and by the way I got a shot of cortisone in my wrist. The doctor said if it was still bothering me after 3 months then I might have to have surgery but I think it will be ok in a few days.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:09 PM   #63 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
OMG I was in Our Town in college!! I was Mrs Soames the town gossip. Lol. I love performing and I'm on the drama team at my church. I also sing.
That is so cool DQ! This is my first time acting, though I've been a performer in a band several times, and a model waaaaay back in the day. The stage has always been comfortable for me...memorizing lines is a whole other story lol!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #64 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't have too much trouble memorizing lines. When we do skits for our dinner theaters I'm usually having to memorize 2 different ones. I have all my songs memorized, too. People at my church always have their words in front of them.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #65 
Bettanewbie60

LOL yeah, I have a LOT of songs I know by heart...I still do karaoke when I can. Is your wrist feeling any better tonight? I'll be praying you don't need surgery. I've had 10 surgeries and it's no fun. Hugs hon
Old 07-31-2012, 11:33 PM   #66 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm going to sleep with my brace on. lol It helps to keep me from turning it wrong during the night. It's feeling about the same right now. I'll see how it feels in the morning. Thank you for the concern and prayers.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #67 
Bettanewbie60

Great news all around the Hood household today! One it is Rob's birthday!! He had a second interview with a good company a few days back, and then the other night while driving cab, a man who works for the company got into Rob's cab. Well, this morning Rob got a call saying he's hired!! He starts training on Monday, and they offer benefits!!! He is also going to drive cab once or twice a week too, so we can catch up! On another note, I rescued my 5th betta last night for those of you who may have missed that news..another Walmart impulse buy. Pics later. Now, remember a couple weeks ago I posted about having to take two strays to the shelter? Well, at the time we had planned on adopting the male. Even after Rob lost his job we were hoping to be stable enough once the dog was ready for adoption. Well, the shelter called yesterday, and for some reason I just said, "I'll have to talk to my husband and make sure we still want to adopt again"..I didn't want to mention our financial situation. After the phone call about the new job this morning we went right to the shelter and brought home "Leo"! (Rob being a Leo, and his birthday today lol). So, we now have three adopted dogs, and 5 rescued bettas! I am going to be a busy girl. Cody and Casey, our other dogs, are not too please with the new addition yet. We did a meet and greet with them on neutral ground, but of course at home they are establishing pack order...so far, no major squabbles thank goodness. Cody and Casey seem kind of upset with me, Leo however seems right at home..he's very mello, oh, and he's gonna be huge!!! Well, now that they are all napping, and I've cleaned the "accident" Leo had on the way home out of my car...I'm beat already. Sigh...but very, very happy and content. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Hugs!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #68 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so happy Rob got hired!!! That's a big load off your mind and a nice birthday present for Rob. Good luck with Leo. It might take awhile before they get used to each other but I'm sure once Cody and Casey realize that they're still loved everything will be fine. I can't wait for pics of the new fish. I'm so happy for you!!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #69 
lvandert

Yays all around! It's good to know things have started to look up!
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #70 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I'm so happy Rob got hired!!! That's a big load off your mind and a nice birthday present for Rob. Good luck with Leo. It might take awhile before they get used to each other but I'm sure once Cody and Casey realize that they're still loved everything will be fine. I can't wait for pics of the new fish. I'm so happy for you!!
Thanks! Yeah, Cody and Casey are so chummy, I'm sure in no time Leo will find his spot in the pack...I AM Super Alpha anyway. Cody is alpha in the lineup right now, so he's kinda confused...but it will out works itself out. As long as no one gets hurt I let my dogs do their natural thing. I haven't even had time to get pics of the new fish yet! And I need to find time to make Rob's other present for him...a sharks tooth necklace...good thing he'll be gone until 4am!