Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 07:49 PM   #11 
CandiceMM

I have great news about this little girl. After I brought her home yesterday I notice I never saw her float on top of her water, she definitely had signs of SBD but seems it improved with some warm water to get her digestive track going. Anyways this morning I woke up and hoped she was still alive and when I looked in her tank she was swimming fine and she had passed two big poops! Yeah!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:57 PM   #12 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
I have great news about this little girl. After I brought her home yesterday I notice I never saw her float on top of her water, she definitely had signs of SBD but seems it improved with some warm water to get her digestive track going. Anyways this morning I woke up and hoped she was still alive and when I looked in her tank she was swimming fine and she had passed two big poops! Yeah!
<333 love her :) how are the other girls? And did u get that 4th girl yet? ;D
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:04 PM   #13 
CandiceMM

So yes I got the 4th, she is still in her cup because after I got her I went from my nanny job to another babysitting job.. So she is hanging out with me lol. I'll get a picture up tomorrow. I'll be home too late.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:06 PM   #14 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
So yes I got the 4th, she is still in her cup because after I got her I went from my nanny job to another babysitting job.. So she is hanging out with me lol. I'll get a picture up tomorrow. I'll be home too late.
Awesome! I'm glad she was still there :3
Old 07-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #15 
CandiceMM

Me too! I had a feeling she would be. I noticed the most fish that die there are the females :( she was the prettiest one of the bunch. A purple marble.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:11 PM   #16 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Me too! I had a feeling she would be. I noticed the most fish that die there are the females :( she was the prettiest one of the bunch. A purple marble.
Probably because females are less likely to be adopted so they get to sit in those filthy cups even longer than males. :( poor girls...
Old 07-31-2012, 08:19 PM   #17 
CandiceMM

I know : ( So sad! That's why I enjoy sororities, if you can mix the right females you can help rescue the unwanted sweet little girls from Petco/Petsmart.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:21 PM   #18 
teeneythebetta

True.

Idk why but I put"females are less likely to be ADOPTED"
More like rescued.
Or purchased.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:46 PM   #19 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Oh my goodness she is adorable I want her..lol Her colors are awesome looking !
I used to think I would only want males but thank to you all posting these pretty little girls I think I want one now..lol Maybe this Spring because Perseus is keeping me busy now and worrying about getting his tank cycled is making me a wreck but he is doing great and I am checking levels morning and night.

Anyway she is beautiful and look forward to seeing more pictures of her as she grow. Best Wishes !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #20 
teeneythebetta

[quote=Perseusmom;1179697]
I used to think I would only want males but thank to you all posting these pretty little girls I think I want one now..lol [quote]

I used to think females were dull & boring... Teeney has changed my point of view.. she is bright colored, extremely active and the most interactive betta I have ever had.. she is the reason I started into proper betta care. <3

Once I get my own home I will defenitely have a few males. But females will always have a special place in my heart :)