Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 10:15 PM   #43721 
eaturbyfill

It was hard for me to pick one of the catfish because they are all just so unbearably cute!
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:18 PM   #43722 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Okay guys. Number 4 is easy to find, just a feather fin, and will reach a good 12". I'm hoping to get two species, so I'll bring the whole list down to the fish store. Some of them are probably rare.

With fiddlers.. hmm well I'd do probably Celebes rainbow fish or Indian glass fish. Small and won't get in their way.

Just found these and they can live in a 10 gallon and I love them <3
Carinotetraodon lorteti (Redeye Puffer) &mdash; Seriously Fish
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:27 PM   #43723 
eaturbyfill

Would these work together? The tank will be a planted 20g, and we have soft, neutral water. If I get the 75g for Comet, it'll free up the 20g; and I've been wanting my first community for a while now.
Edit: The substrate will most likely be sand.

x1 Bristlenose Pleco
x1 Honey Gourami
x8 Harlequin Rasbora
x6 Corys
Old 07-31-2012, 10:30 PM   #43724 
thekinetic

There are few species that can be acclimated to the low end water density of the fiddler crab (1.005). Oddly most mollies and guppies, along with American flag fish. And given the crab's ability to live in fresh water temporarily, I could keep them together initially in fresh water and over time add salt water with each water change until the density is brought up.

There is just so much info to take in and so many options. X3
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:33 PM   #43725 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Not odd at all. All these fish live in coastal areas and can move back and forth between fresh and brackish freely. Guppies have even been acclimated to full sea water strength in the past with no negative effects.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:36 PM   #43726 
Sakura8

Hi Kinetic! You're overdue for a pic of at least Magilla. I wanna see!

Many gobies and figure 8 puffers are brackish. How big would it be? Monos and scats work but they get big.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #43727 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Sakura, ropefish don't get very wide do they? Everywhere says it'll eat what fits in it's mouth but I have no clue what sort of girth they have. :s

Anyways I think I'm heading to bed now!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:54 PM   #43728 
Sakura8

They don't get wide at all. They're probably some of the narrowest fish around. They stay even thinner than bichirs. However, remember that snakes can fit things in their mouths that are wider than they are soooo . . . anyway, just don't put the farlowella with it.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:56 PM   #43729 
eaturbyfill

Aw, this was sweet. This is my email from earlier, I'd just like to share it. Edit: The persistence part refers to us getting lost in Asheville for at least an hour when we bought the little guys. xD

Hello,

Today I was thinking that you may wonder how the toads were doing, so I figured I'd let you know they are happy and as fat as ever. (:

Elizabeth Turbyfill

Reply: I'm so glad they got a great home. I'm also proud of your persistence in their pick up. It was then that I knew that they were going to the right family. Thank you very much for the update.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:57 PM   #43730 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Oh god no. Just worried about the female krib, she'll be the smallest thing in there. I'll have an awesome cave going so hopefully she'll defend herself. And the baby synos too.

Snakes can only open their mouths that wide because the bottom of their jaw disconnects.. Like if you have no bone in the middle of your chin. Hope ropefish don't have that. I read that they're thought to be closely related to amphibians.

Also, check out this JD. Pretty. But why is it with African cichlids. o-o
http://kingston.kijiji.ca/c-pets-oth...AdIdZ400907302

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese