Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2012, 04:09 AM   #1 
TheCheese909

what on earth is wrong with him?

He's not my fish, he's my friends younger sisters fish.

Pictures are of a male Delta. He was purchased earlier this year. When he was healthy he had a huge full tail, almost looked like a SuperDelta. He was one of the thicker types of Bettas, not the thin "snakey" looking ones, he was more of the "bull dog" type.

His fins are all messed up because he just recently got over having fin rot and columnaris at the same time, now he's very ill and keeps getting worse.

He still eats but is super thin. I've told her to switch from his flakes to some frozen glass worms and give him flakes once in awhile. I'm hoping this will help him gain some weight back.

He has trouble swimming, his scales look like they are rough. Not like sticking up like dropsy but they just look sharp, not like how most Bettas look smooth. He uses his "hands" to swim most of the time and when he uses his body he darts super fast and holds his body in the S position alot, but not all the time.

He doesn't have ick, i've checked with a bright light and he's got no physical yuckyness on him what so ever.

Previously he was being held in a 2.5 gallon tank with a filter and a heater and was quite happy and healthy aside from he got bloated very easily.

He's now being held in a QT. I don't know what their treatments are right now or what it is they are doing for him at the moment.

Any ideas on what's wrong?
Attached Images

TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #2 
lvandert

He looks super skinny. I would get him bulked up on glass worms, brine shrimps, or bloodwworms (the good stuff). Sometimes they get that "s" curve due to malnutrition and a lot of time once you start getting him regular foods they straighten out
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote