Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2012, 03:25 AM   #31 
LittleBettaFish

Ooh our dogs did that the other week. They jumped out of our car to chase our cat and ran all around our neighbour's front yard (they have a 1/2 acre block). It wasn't until one got caught in some blackberries that the other one went and sat on our front doorstep.

I hate having a dog with no recall. It can be hard though if they aren't motivated by you, your idle threats, food, a squeaky toy etc.

Wish you luck in training one into Silver. Lucky you were able to walk her down eventually. I think they absolutely do know what they are doing when they blast past you at a hundred miles an hour heading for the hills haha.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #32 
Pataflafla

I'm just really glad she didn't run across the highway since she paid no heed to any car that passed. If she got passed and onto the BLM land, she would be gone forever or coyote bait since they're very bold and aggressive here. A few weeks ago the tore a 4 year old 60 pound lab mix to shreds after jumping a 6 foot wall. They've also been known to go inside doggy doors during the night to get little dogs and cats in people's houses.

Silver's only 40 pounds with no muscle mass and zero survival instincts.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #33 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pataflafla View Post
I'm just really glad she didn't run across the highway since she paid no heed to any car that passed. If she got passed and onto the BLM land, she would be gone forever or coyote bait since they're very bold and aggressive here. A few weeks ago the tore a 4 year old 60 pound lab mix to shreds after jumping a 6 foot wall. They've also been known to go inside doggy doors during the night to get little dogs and cats in people's houses.

Silver's only 40 pounds with no muscle mass and zero survival instincts.
Wow that is so scary O.o
Can you imagine Waking up in the middle of the night & going out to get a glass of water to find a coyote in your house? O.o

Once I was walking to school & saw a coyote come out of the woods by my house. I don't like in a big city but I'm no where near where you'd expect to see a coyote... It just crossed the street, looked over at me & ran away.
They are afraid of people since were a lot bigger... Right?

The shelter I volunteered at found a coyote wolf hybrid running down a busy road about a year ago. He's a very sweet little guy, very shy.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #34 
Pataflafla

Coyotes here are very bold. Across the street from where I used to live, there are 4 of them that regularly corner a lady in her house or keep her out since they gather around her front door.

They're all over the place here no matter what time of day. I don't think there's been an attack on a person here for this year so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens soon since so many people feed them. We've actually got a fine here for when people are caught feeding coyotes.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote