Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #1 
puppyrjjkm

Cool Hunting for the perfect tank...

I'm looking for the perfect desk tank, when I'll eventually just get down to having one extremely spoiled betta. So here's what I'm looking for, hopefully you guys can help me out!

Want:
-At least 5 gallons & less than 10
-Glass
-Bow Front
-Comes with lid/light hood/filter
-Decent lighting for live plants, or so I can replace the bulb (No Led's)
-Peferably not over $50

I thought Mini Bows used to be glass, but I can't find any on the internet, but the mini bow hood isn't my favorite thing to look at. Anybody know of a tank like this? I've had the rectangular 5 gal kit and hated it, I've used critter keepers and just don't like the look, currently have the 2.5 betta wave and don't like it either! So any help is appreciated! Sorry I'm quite picky.
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #2 
Sundancex

Hah, good luck. That is a pretty good list for $50 or under.
Try looking locally for used tanks, that may be your best bet.

I know of a few tanks that fit SOME of your requirements, I'll post when I'm home and have access to my Mac. :)
Sundancex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #3 
puppyrjjkm

I know, right? I know I can't get everything for $50, but it's worth a try! Looking forward to see what you've come up with, thanks.
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #4 
Sundancex

Fluval Spec Link
Smaller than you want and not a bow front, but it comes in under budget and will be able to grow low light plants. You can also replace the light easily. It is glass and very pretty. A good desktop size and will work well for a betta.

Fluval Ebi (or Fluval Flora) Link
This tank is a great size IMO. at 8 gallons you have room to design a nice aquascape and you can have some tankmates. The light it comes with should grow low to med light plants and you can easily add another to grow high light plants (although you will probably need co2. It is also a real "kit" as it comes with Fluval stratum, a great plant substrate. The link I added lists a higher price than most. I found my Ebi for $85, but alas, it is out of your price range. It is also a very nice looking tank with rounded front corners, so even though it isn't a bow it isn't exactly a regular old nano cube.

Picotope Link
This tank in in your price range although smaller than you want. It is also a beautiful tank and the light should grow plants. I *think* it is a bowfront, or at least bow like, but I've never seen the tank in person so I don't know for sure.

EcoPico Link
Expensive and not a bowfront. But it is glass and fits your size requirements.

I would personally recommend not going with anything acrylic even if it fits your price range better because of the acrylic scratching so easily. It can make a beautiful aquarium look terrible really fast.
Sundancex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #5 
BettaQi

http://www.amazon.com/Gallon-Framele...ish+tank+glass

Smaller than you want but awesome shape!
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #6 
BettaQi

http://www.marinedepot.com/Mr._Aqua_...FIAQBF-vi.html

Tank only, but gorgeous!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #7 
Meggie6347

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...uctId=11459461

Comes with everything...except it's not bow front. I have two of these...they work great and my bettas seem to love them. Although I would replace the light if I were you...especially if you're going to do plants. And you might need to baffle the filter a tad and get a sponge media instead of the carbon that's comes with it, but that's no big deal
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #8 
kfryman

Alright just saying, what you want, is most likely not going to be under $50. Just being realistic, a glass bowfront is much harder to make then acrylic and for a package under $50 for everything it won't look any good or will be cheap.

You cloud get a clip on light or use a desk light with a plant bulb with this tank. It fits your budget excluding a light and looks good, http://www.amazon.com/Gallons-Framel...mless+aquarium

And guys, dont keep listing items that the OP doesnt want, if they want it then list it, it is spamming the thread with tanks that aren't what the OP wants.

Last edited by kfryman; 08-01-2012 at 12:31 PM.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #9 
BettaQi

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/for/3169212683.html

If you were in Hampton Roads !
Old 08-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #10 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaQi View Post
BettaQi I think the OP wants a Bowfront tank that they can get, it doesn't help to add tons of tanks that don't fit the description they want. (Don't take offense, I am not trying to be mean)
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote