Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #21 
kellyyoungmoney

so now im worried. last night i went to check on her after she had been having a better day and found this:

she survived the night in the breeder box like that but im afraid that its stressing her out and causing even more problems. she basically has no color at all to her anymore and her tail looks awful. i tried to kind of hide the breeder box in a plant so maybe it wouldnt stress her out as much, but i dont know how well thats working.
kellyyoungmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #22 
MSG

I think her fins are torn enough that you would have to remove her for a week to heal up. From your pictures, she seems like skiddish one. I purposely try to avoid choosing bettas that hide.

If I was going to isolate her, I would give her some sort of hiding spot & about 2-5 minutes after you transfer her to the new tank. Drop 1 pellet in.

Once she's KNOWS she's alone, she maybe more willing to eat.

Yes, I would isolate her.

The caudal fin is nearly torn in half. Keep her tank out of the sight of the others for at least a day so her fins could heal up a bit.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #23 
kellyyoungmoney

well she wasnt skittish when i bought her, but after replacing other girls that died i guess she got pushed to the bottom of the totem pole. but do you have any suggestions on how to keep her water warm without a heater?
kellyyoungmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #24 
MSG

You don't have any extra desk light fixtures near you?

I think a 40 watt light bulb generates more heat than light, you can get a used gooseneck lamp for $5 maybe even a $1 at a yard sale.

From your picture, I think she needs something where she can hide for a few days while she calms down.

Putting her in a clear cage with her attackers flaring at her isn't a good idea.

You could put her in a solid colored tupperware container and clip it to the side of the tank.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #25 
MSG

oh yeah, besides her torn fins, does how many scales is she missing? I can't tell from her coloration.

I get concerned when mine are missing large patches of scales.

I look at scales like a bullet proof vest. It adds a layer of protection, but if that scale is missing and she gets bit on that area again, then you may have a problem with an open wound.

My most injured betta Senetti, would have been dead if I came 5-10 minutes later.