Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #1 
Cupcakes

White spots on eyes

My boyfriends betta has some white spots on his eyes. He seems to have 1 white spot in the very center of each eye. It looks like cataracts or something. However his behavior hasn't changed and he also is eating just fine. He has no other white spots and his water is always very clean. He is treating him right now with aquarium salt. Has anyone else ever seen this? What could it be? How did you treat it?
Cupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #2 
teeneythebetta

Can you post a picture?
If you are treating him with aquarium salt, be sure to not treat him for more than 9 days. It can damage their kidneys if used for long periods of time.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #3 
Cupcakes

Well the aquarium salt isn't working. We read something about it perhaps being ick so he has treated him for that for 3 days. It seems like the spots have gotten a little smaller but they are still there. I don't have any pictures at the moment but if the problem persists I suppose I can take some. He is still behaving and eating normally.
Cupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote