Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #11 
lelei

@OFL, how many fish in the 75 gallon? I am so AWWED by that tank, it's gorgeous..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #12 
Oldfishlady

That can vary by the season and what I am working with.....usually it will have about 30 or so adult Bettas-but they are all outside right now and then 30-50 or so fancy guppies and 10-20 or so long fin albino plecos juvies growing out and TMTC red cherry shrimp and common snails-pond, ramshorn and trumpet.

The stocking changes on a fairly regular basis depending on what I need it for at the time. Right this very minute it has about 30 LFAPleco juvies growing out and a bunch of guppies...I made the mistake in adding some Flagfish to grow out and they tore the guppies to pieces-usually these would already be gone so I could use it for all of this summers Betta fry like I normally do this time of year-but they gotta stay outside for another 2 weeks since I have the 55gal full of Angelfish. I do a lot of rotation and moving around...lol.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #13 
misty1477

SUPER DUPER W O W !!!!! Your tanks are AWESOME !!!

You must have the Happiest Fishies in the world.

Hmmmm.....if I put live plants in my Betta's tank, my Cats would eat the Plants. I had houseplants that I loved and the Kittehs thought it was a salad bar No more live plants for me.

My Kittehs drink water out of my tank all the time, even though they have fresh well water-filled bowls for themselves. I guess they like "fish-flavored" water better My Sparkle sometimes swims right up near their tongues and kind of just hangs out when they are drinking....kittehs don't even know that a fish resides in the tank....silly kittehs

Again ... I must complement you on the awesomeness of your tanks
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote