Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #41 
SpookyTooth

When it comes to heaters and glass things I tend to order from within the UK just in case something goes wrong. I'm sure there's a similar if not identical brand over here somewhere... must start digging!

I measured the space that'd be between my two tanks and I don't think it's large enough, but I'll still take a look at what containers are available!
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #42 
Aus

Well, since people seem pretty enthusiastic on this topic, here's some inspiration via Rony Suzuki and Fabia Yoshida, who have made some truly stunning miniature aquariums.. like this one:

Here's a link to a site where you can see a few more:

http://www.aquahobby.com/tanks/e_tank0603.php

Truly inspiring, and very do-able. I just love that cracker-box paludarium! I can't go to a homewares store now without looking for potential tanks, ha.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #43 
bettasloveme

I am having the same problem. Found my other bowls and started to think about what I can use.

Also, I am still looking around for a light better then this:
http://www.amazon.com/Marina-Betta-K.../dp/B001B5CQA0

Last edited by bettasloveme; 08-02-2012 at 06:43 PM.
bettasloveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #44 
mattoboy

Any tips on heating a micro? :/
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:07 AM   #45 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattoboy View Post
Any tips on heating a micro? :/

I just remembered that I have a little heat mat thing :O
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #46 
Aus

I don't bother to heat the microtank I currently have - but I do have a small circular undergravel heater that would take the chill off in winter. It was sold as a betta heater, lol- be lucky to stop a shrimp shivering in this weather, I think I'll never use it for bettas. But for a nice bowl of shrimp..
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #47 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
Well, since people seem pretty enthusiastic on this topic, here's some inspiration via Rony Suzuki and Fabia Yoshida, who have made some truly stunning miniature aquariums.. like this one:

Here's a link to a site where you can see a few more:

http://www.aquahobby.com/tanks/e_tank0603.php

Truly inspiring, and very do-able. I just love that cracker-box paludarium! I can't go to a homewares store now without looking for potential tanks, ha.
It looks all tranquil and all that, but it is a rock and val. Looks nice with how the glass and stand, but that is so easy lol.

I made my mind, I am going to get a light and go Emersed with hairgrass and ludwigia.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #48 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
I don't bother to heat the microtank I currently have - but I do have a small circular undergravel heater that would take the chill off in winter. It was sold as a betta heater, lol- be lucky to stop a shrimp shivering in this weather, I think I'll never use it for bettas. But for a nice bowl of shrimp..
I think I have the very same one for my 3 gallon Kritter Keeper. I bought it for $12 I think......says it heats 2-5 gallons, so my 3 gallon was perfect.
It does a really nice job heating in the winter, though. And if my fish and shrimp get chilly, they just move closer to the heater.
It's a circular rubber mat with the cord sticking out of the top/side and it came with a suction cup so you could stick it to something (i.e. the tank wall in case your gravel isn't heavy enough as in my case).
I love it though!
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote