Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #1 
Bettafish

To betta or not to betta

So i have my ten gallon tank. still cycling it and such. but i gotta ask. should i get just one betta and maybe a snail. orrrr should i get several small fish. like corries and such. its too hard to decide :/
Bettafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #2 
jeremywadejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
So i have my ten gallon tank. still cycling it and such. but i gotta ask. should i get just one betta and maybe a snail. orrrr should i get several small fish. like corries and such. its too hard to decide :/
My betta has the 10 gallon to himself and I think he enjoys it. If I were to add another pet to his aquarium, I think I'd try an African Dwarf frog! Just my opinion, though. :)
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #3 
choob99

All of my Males get a 10g all to theirselves, they seem to love it! But its all a matter of personal choice
choob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #4 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywadejunior View Post
My betta has the 10 gallon to himself and I think he enjoys it. If I were to add another pet to his aquarium, I think I'd try an African Dwarf frog! Just my opinion, though. :)
Ooooh! +1! African dwarf frogs are so cool! I think you should add more life to the aquarium. A ten gallon with just a betta is boring IMO.
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #5 
Bettafish

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Ooooh! +1! African dwarf frogs are so cool! I think you should add more life to the aquarium. A ten gallon with just a betta is boring IMO.
so what should i do? a shrimp would be cool too. i dont want a frog. feeding them would be hard
Old 08-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #6 
Bettafish

Wait. do the frogs eat the fish food too?
Hmm i didnt realise they live in the water and not like in shallow water.
i my need to think on this more...

I think a betta with a snail. shrimp and a frog wold be kinda cool
Old 08-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #7 
Bettafish

also. if i went for the tank of several fish, what kinds could i use. also know that im using petsmart for my fishes

Also if i could a betta with other fish would be cool. but i heard theres problems with that?

Last edited by Bettafish; 08-01-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:57 AM   #8 
jeremywadejunior

African dwarf frogs are aquatic. They just swim up to the surface to breathe. I think you can feed the frog frozen bloodworms, just like you would a betta. I'm not 100% sure though, as you'd need to do some more research. Also, I know 10 gallons sounds like a large living environment, but keep in mind that the more life you pack into the aquarium, the more likely problems may occur (fish chasing/killing other fish) or diseases can be caught.
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:44 AM   #9 
deso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
so what should i do? a shrimp would be cool too. i dont want a frog. feeding them would be hard
Amano shrimp are a great clean-up crew. They eat all sorts of algae and leftover food. However, Mr Betta may decide to attack them, so you have to keep a close eye on them if you choose that option.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #10 
Bettafish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywadejunior View Post
African dwarf frogs are aquatic. They just swim up to the surface to breathe. I think you can feed the frog frozen bloodworms, just like you would a betta. I'm not 100% sure though, as you'd need to do some more research. Also, I know 10 gallons sounds like a large living environment, but keep in mind that the more life you pack into the aquarium, the more likely problems may occur (fish chasing/killing other fish) or diseases can be caught.
Thats a good point.. and just one betta would be easier to clean and look after..

I think ill go with a betta and a snail. They say if u get a female there more tollerant of other fish?