Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #14071 
gossipgirl1031

Pataflafla-your sister sounds an awful lot like my sister! She's 28 & has 2 kids. I'm super surprised she hasn't forgotten where they are at times. (JK-it's not funny when someone really loses a kid). I bet my sister would find a bunch of stuff that she lost in the blackhole that is the trunk of her car. Now that's a scary place ;)
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #14072 
gossipgirl1031

My rant of the day-needing to spend more money to replace some kind of belt in my car ($140-yikes). Not good news. All I did today was wait around either at the doctor's office or the auto shop.
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #14073 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
Here is a rant. Why do "Christians" think they can persecute people but when the persecuted people fight back, they say they are being oppressed? I put it in quotations because real Christians don't discriminate.
This stuff goes on not only by religious folks. There are racial issue like this. Exact same thing. I go to a christian school (college) and one of my classmates in school talks about gay people a lot. I won't be tolerating it much longer because, well, maybe she has a different version of the Bible but mine reads "Thou shalt not judge lest ye be judged yourself" It also says to love all mankind. I have many friends of many backrounds and it's intolerable but it isn't going to go away any time soon. Not racial nor religious. Being religious doesn't make you better than anyone, neither does your racial backround.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #14074 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
This stuff goes on not only by religious folks. There are racial issue like this. Exact same thing. I go to a christian school (college) and one of my classmates in school talks about gay people a lot. I won't be tolerating it much longer because, well, maybe she has a different version of the Bible but mine reads "Thou shalt not judge lest ye be judged yourself" It also says to love all mankind. I have many friends of many backrounds and it's intolerable but it isn't going to go away any time soon. Not racial nor religious. Being religious doesn't make you better than anyone, neither does your racial backround.
No being religious means you need religion, and in my experiance the most religious people are also the most hateful. I'd like to stand side by side with them at the pearly gates and see whom god lets in first.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #14075 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
No being religious means you need religion, and in my experiance the most religious people are also the most hateful. I'd like to stand side by side with them at the pearly gates and see whom god lets in first.
Never had that happen to me... Most of the super religious people actually follow what the bible says. Maybe they are those "christians" that aren't really christians.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #14076 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Never had that happen to me... Most of the super religious people actually follow what the bible says. Maybe they are those "christians" that aren't really christians.
I guess I always seem to miss those people. Actually my grandma was like that now that I think about it, nicest person you could meet unless you messed with her family then you might want to run.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #14077 
dramaqueen
Banned

I am a Christian and I try not to persecute anyone. IMO if two people want to get married whether it be a man and woman, two men or two women, to me that is their business and none of mine. I have a friend who I believe is married to his partner and they're very happy together. I'm happy for him. I also believe that God loves everyone be they gay straight or bi.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #14078 
Sena Hansler

MY family is Catholic. I was told when I was 11 that ,uslims kill christians, and that gays are bad. Except my mind knew something was wrong. My bestie is a muslim, my other friend is a muslim... I have a Wiccan (just the one dealing with herbs, spirituality without the magic mess) friend, Pagan, Atheist, Agnostic and Religious friends. But we are who we are. I fought my nana against it with this "riddle"

If God is all knowing, merciful, and never makes mistakes... Wouldn't he have KNOWN that there would have been GAYS, and have FORGIVEN them, as he does not make MISTAKES?

On a side note my old roomie took his reptile rescue to Edmonton. Someone is PO'd at him so much, they tried to break in... and two pits were ready for it. He left a note in blood on their door saying "we'll get even". I told him Camrose sucks, yes, but safer than Edmonton. In Edmonton.. you make ONE person mad there is a handful coming after you! Plus dare you live in the slums.... He is going back to Britain next month, all the animals are being rehomed and right now he really should talk to the police. Camrose police suck, but at least Edmonton has a decent force.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #14079 
LizzyP

My tangent of the day:

People on this forum (not all, but some) who just think they know EVERYTHING about fish and have done EVERYTHING with fish. I mean, I could tell them that my fish fell down the drain and I dug up my septic to find him and instead it turned fishie to a teenage mutant ninja turtle and they reply "Oh yeah, I did that too." And that's not just with people on the forum, it's people everywhere. Especially when that person is like...11. I don't usually care how old people are, but if you're a know it all and a smart butt and you're younger than me, I'm probably not going to care that much for you. </rant>
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #14080 
Sena Hansler

Agreer xD I know I do not know everything... I will say "I think" or "IME" or " Not sure but so and so might."
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote