Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #21 
gn3ranger

Well When i was cleaning out the litter to my rats cage I decided to let her see my betta "phillip" and boy was I shocked haha Phillip flared up gills puffed out going to the direction i had my rat in. Was pretty funny seeing how phillip thought he was all bad ass flaring up at something outside his tank. Of course my rat showed no interest in phillip and began to bronx.
gn3ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #22 
lelei

OUr fishy's are so precious..they are adorable, everything that they do, my Sammy is like that too, he just loves when I call his name, and he always is looking for me, if I am looking for him, he always makes sure I see him, If he is hiding in his cave, he pops his head right out, to show me, he's ok..I just love it, and when he is chilling on his leaf, and just spreading his fins..to show how much he loves his home, and his favorite plant..anytime I put my finger to the tank, he gets so exited , does the wiggle dance..and I swear he wants me to pick him up and hug him..dam I wish I could..

Sapphire, is just soo fast, and wild, but does the same thing, If I am looking for him, and he senses it, sometimes I don't even have to call his name..wow..and he'll apear at the window in seconds after I turn my head..and he jumps for the food, and wiggles, and dances, and is always full of energy..my goodness..how does he do it..I never see him sleep..I know he does, but as soon as he goes in his spongebob pineapple, and I peek in, he just comes right out, and starts getting soo exited, I just love him..he is truly my lil miracle fishy..

So, now I have a 3rd in a hospital tank, getting used to us, and he is doing well, but right now I see he loves the flower ball, goes in peeks his head out, and is getting to know his name..:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #23 
Lost Eventide

My Socrates is a pretty mellow guy. He spreads his fins and such all the time for me when he's curious about something, but he hasn't flared at anything in or outside his tank.

Until I decided to hold up a mirror anyway xD He perked right up at that and was flaring like crazy, so I hid the mirror again and he proceeded to parade around the tank like the little champ he is for scaring away the bad little rival male so quickly.

Also, while I'm not sure if I would call it cute seeing he scared the bejeesus out of me, but just a few minutes ago I was siphoning out his tank and he noticed something going up the tube that looked a lot like a pellet. He swam over and was picking around the tube trying to get it and then realized there's an opening at the bottom. He tried to swim up the tube after the mystery morsel. Needless to say I jerked the siphon out of there in a hurry.

Silly fishie.
Lost Eventide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #24 
Shayebri

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn3ranger View Post
Well When i was cleaning out the litter to my rats cage I decided to let her see my betta "phillip" and boy was I shocked haha Phillip flared up gills puffed out going to the direction i had my rat in. Was pretty funny seeing how phillip thought he was all bad ass flaring up at something outside his tank. Of course my rat showed no interest in phillip and began to bronx.
U have rats? Me too!
Shayebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #25 
gn3ranger

I have 1 rat now but yes ive had plenty of them before too they are just to cute :)
Old 08-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #26 
Shayebri

Me too. I've had 12. Had to have my boy put to sleep the other day..... :'( And my little girl has a tumor.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #27 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayebri View Post
Me too. I've had 12. Had to have my boy put to sleep the other day..... :'( And my little girl has a tumor.
Aww I'm so sorry... Sending wishes your girl's way :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #28 
gn3ranger

yes they are prone to diseases tumors respiratory infections and other nasty stuff. fortunately for me I haven't ever had any cases of illness. But I dont think we should discuss rats on a cute betta thread so this will be my last comment about rats on here.

Also sorry for your loss Its hard seeing them go I've cried a couple of times seeing my babies grow old and passing on.

My current rat is gong on 27 months
Old 08-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #29 
Shayebri

:) And yeah this really isn't the place for it... XD
Old 08-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #30 
jeremywadejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayebri View Post
It's ADORABLE.
Aww! I think it's very cute when a betta sticks their nose out of the water a little bit.
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote