Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #11 
Bettanewbie60

I still need to post what else happened today...short version...we adopted out third dog from the shelter today too! I'm gonna be a busy girl. lol..I love it!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #12 
jeremywadejunior

Haha all the comments on this thread are great! I want another one and I leave for college soon so I'm thinking of not even telling my parents if I get the one I want. I leave soon and we'll already be taking one fish with me sooo.... what's the difference if it's two?

My parents would probably do the same as your husband. Just cringe a little and tell me it's okay as long as I get no more! haha
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #13 
Alcemistnv

All i can say is that my future husband better enjoy bettas and dogs as much as I do xD
I plan on having lots, depending on how much I get paid in the fuutre~
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #14 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettanewbie60 View Post
Yes, I have it bad...I promised him I would go to a meeting as soon as I find one lol! He just wants me to be happy, and if it's fish that make me happy, then so be it...he's a good man. I'm blessed for sure!
Laffs.....This is the meeting place for Betta addicts......We should call it....
"BKA" (Betta Keeping Anonymous) or something like that....lol.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #15 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Laffs.....This is the meeting place for Betta addicts......We should call it....
"BKA" (Betta Keeping Anonymous) or something like that....lol.....
Hello, my name is Kim...and I'm a betta addict. (crowd responds).."Hi, Kim"
"So, it all started about a month ago...I just wanted to try it once..really. I thought it was no big deal, a lot of people are doing it, but a week later...I had to do it again..before I knew it I was doing it every week for a month...I want to stop...really (lie)...I know I can't do it by will power alone..."
Old 08-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #16 
Marvel170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcemistnv View Post
All i can say is that my future husband better enjoy bettas and dogs as much as I do xD
I plan on having lots, depending on how much I get paid in the fuutre~

Agreed!! he'll have to put up with me wanting a fish everytime I walk into a petstore XD
Marvel170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:39 AM   #17 
Freyja
Banned

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I swear I just sent in to get Gordito, my daughter's red VT, a 2.5 g tank and some gravel. THAT'S ALL! Then she looked at me! The last girl in the last cup...no fins to speak of whatsoever and well how could I leave her there. Needless to say Gordito got his
new tank and Rudy inherited Gordito's 1 g bowl which works out great right as a hospital tank. She has no fin rot , just bad water conditions. She even ate this morning. Although I really need to get her some better pellets tomorrow. Live plants are coming soon for both.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #18 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Same thing happened to me yesterday. I swear I just sent in to get Gordito, my daughter's red VT, a 2.5 g tank and some gravel. THAT'S ALL! Then she looked at me! The last girl in the last cup...no fins to speak of whatsoever and well how could I leave her there. Needless to say Gordito got his
new tank and Rudy inherited Gordito's 1 g bowl which works out great right as a hospital tank. She has no fin rot , just bad water conditions. She even ate this morning. Although I really need to get her some better pellets tomorrow. Live plants are coming soon for both.
This what happens to me...every time I get the newest betta out of the bowl...well, I have an empty bowl!! LOL...
Old 08-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #19 
MistersMom

I love that your husband just laughed, and said 'i love you' lol, thats like, when i do something embarrassing in public to make my best friend act like she doesnt know me, or at home and i say something totally me (wich is unnaturally weird) and she goes, "OH WOW! hahaha I love you!" lol. your husband sounds pretty understanding lol. you should MAKE him buy one and then ... he shall know... the addiction. lol. "hi kim" lol. love it. my mom hates when i say 'im gonna go look at the fish...meet me there' she's like "we AREN'T getting another" ... oh but she doesnt know lol. we ALWAYS do LOL i have7 now :D and am proud to admit the majority of them are quite pretty. when all these ones die, and i have a house of my own, i plan on getting sickly and pitiful betta's and bringing them up to health. I hope i have an understanding husband in the future lol, ill have tanks with Gymp Bettas every where lol.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #20 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
I love that your husband just laughed, and said 'i love you' lol, thats like, when i do something embarrassing in public to make my best friend act like she doesnt know me, or at home and i say something totally me (wich is unnaturally weird) and she goes, "OH WOW! hahaha I love you!" lol. your husband sounds pretty understanding lol. you should MAKE him buy one and then ... he shall know... the addiction. lol. "hi kim" lol. love it. my mom hates when i say 'im gonna go look at the fish...meet me there' she's like "we AREN'T getting another" ... oh but she doesnt know lol. we ALWAYS do LOL i have7 now :D and am proud to admit the majority of them are quite pretty. when all these ones die, and i have a house of my own, i plan on getting sickly and pitiful betta's and bringing them up to health. I hope i have an understanding husband in the future lol, ill have tanks with Gymp Bettas every where lol.
Yeah, we went into Petsmart today to get our new puppy some food, and when I went into the fish aisle hubby stood trying to block my view of the bettas! I made him move lol. I think I'm good with 5 for now...but I did see a really nice HM Male there...hmmm LOL