Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #1 
kellyyoungmoney

molly fry

i have 6 molly fry that were born on June 26th, making them about 2 1/2 weeks old, and theyre growing pretty quick. im not planning on keeping all 6 in there, i have a friend who is taking about 4 when he gets his tank set up. but i was wondering when they would be safe enough to let into my 10 gal tank (with my 4 betta girls, but theyre pretty tolerant). also is there any website out there that documents the size of molly fry week by week in pictures? i know the betta one but i cant find one for mollies!
kellyyoungmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #2 
Pod

Fry of this size are still very weak, even though they appear large. I attempted to put 2 1/2 week old molly fry with a female betta, and found them dead a few hours later. Only 2 survived, and even they were heavily damaged. Those two are now a month old. I would not advise putting your fry with them, since Betta's, even though they may act tolerable, will still see fry as a food source. My female is very very mellow, yet, even she took out fry.
Pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #3 
Darkknight20

I think you should release them into the 10 gallon tank when they are a month or a month and a half old they should be big and strong enough to be with the betta fish. Hope this helps!
Darkknight20 is offline   Reply With Quote