Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #1 
Calypso77

Redtail Shark Fish

Does anyone have these fish? If so what other fish do you have in with a Redtail?
Calypso77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #2 
lvandert

Their called a shark for a reason, their aggressive and will kill and eat other fish. I suggest having the alone or with other sharks.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #3 
Calypso77

Ok thanks. Here is what Petco says.

Redtail Shark

The term "shark" is applied to many unrelated fish with a similar body shape. These hardy and curious fish add personality and character to an aquarium. The Redtail Shark is primarily a deep black color with a brilliantly contrasted red tail and white tip on the dorsal fin. This particular shark does best as the only shark with similarly sized fish in a planted tank with driftwood and rocks. Will not do well with other Redtail Sharks, or Rainbow Sharks.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #4 
lvandert

yeah. My ex got one and put it in his community tank. I told him not to but he didn't listen. Within minutes it ate one of his neons...
Old 08-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #5 
Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
Their called a shark for a reason, their aggressive and will kill and eat other fish. I suggest having the alone or with other sharks.
lol, I dont know where you get this idea. they can be kept with other fish. but shouldnt be kept with other sharks. they are aggressive towwards eachother and some times other fish. Its safer to put fish that are compatible with them than other sharks.
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #6 
Calypso77

Old 08-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #7 
lvandert

see post above lol. mind you that fish also killed off every other fish in that tank, including the pleco and angle fish :/ I refuse to own them
Old 08-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #8 
Calypso77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
lol, I dont know where you get this idea. they can be kept with other fish. but shouldnt be kept with other sharks. they are aggressive towwards eachother and some times other fish. Its safer to put fish that are compatible with them than other sharks.
Thanks Mo.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #9 
Mo

they probably killed off the fish due to tank size. they should optimally have many ground decorations to establish a territory and a minimum of a 3-4 foot 55 gallon tank
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #10 
lvandert

They had a 55+ size tank (I don't remember the size but it was huge) it had a mix of live and fake plants, with tons of caves/rocks. It started out with the small fish and worked its way up until it killed everything in the tank. The last time I saw it, it was in the tank by its self and they wanted to get rid of it.