Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2012, 04:02 AM   #11 
Tikibirds

At my petco, I only found the baby's because I walked into their stand. They have the baby's hidden away in a corner - nowhere near the bettas and barely in the fish section - literally in a corner of the store- by the feeder fish. When I picked up mine, it was the smallest one but it also looked the healthiest. I'm all for rescuing adults but I already tried 2X with a baby and failed. well, the 2nd one's death wasn't due to sickness....long story but involved a trip out of alaska in wintertime.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #12 
lillyandquigly

I feel so bad for them, mass bred an stuck into cups at such a young age. It's horrifying how they're treated. When I do rescue I plan on buying from my feedstore because my petstore takes pretty good care of their bettas actually. But the Fs just doesn't. There were all of those baby vt's and the Ct. The ct's fin rays were curled. Those babies were so young. The one with fin rot was so pretty. But my mom won't let me get another betta. I have two now and a third tank would be too much for her anyways.She loves my bettas but still, she has her limits. I just a hope a good person buys the little one. I would have called him sky I think. He was light blue
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #13 
gossipgirl1031

Yes-frequent water changes! Agreed Tiki! And Twilight-there should be a baby betta sticky! I have no idea how to create one, but that's an awesome idea. They've been around for some time now & I think they're here to stay too.
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote