Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #6901 
MistersMom

i want some lol. i cant find any of that where i live,no pet stores have it :/ but i only have gravel any ways.
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #6902 
Akeath

Blueberry's 10 gallon:

I originally intended to do all sandstone-based decorations, but ended up getting some plants for him to wind through and build bubblenests with. Dwarf Water Lettuce is the floating plant with the big pretty roots. Amazon Frogbit is the floating plant with the long, simple roots floating down. There are 3 different types of Java Fern in the corner (regular Java Fern, Narrow Leaf Java Fern, and Java Fern Windelov.) The Dwarf Anubias by the cave is his favorite plant. I chose the color decor so that Nerite snail eggs would blend in more.
Blueberry himself:
Akeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #6903 
MistersMom

I reallly like that actually. i like the plants you have. i almost bought a fern of some kind today, it had baby snails on it, but my grandpa said no...
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #6904 
xShainax

My rescues kritter keeper.
Attached Images

xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #6905 
staffylover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeath View Post
Blueberry's 10 gallon:

I originally intended to do all sandstone-based decorations, but ended up getting some plants for him to wind through and build bubblenests with. Dwarf Water Lettuce is the floating plant with the big pretty roots. Amazon Frogbit is the floating plant with the long, simple roots floating down. There are 3 different types of Java Fern in the corner (regular Java Fern, Narrow Leaf Java Fern, and Java Fern Windelov.) The Dwarf Anubias by the cave is his favorite plant. I chose the color decor so that Nerite snail eggs would blend in more.
Blueberry himself:
I have been looking at frogbit for my tank but was worried it may confuse my boys as they go to the surface for air. Has Blueberry been OK with it?
staffylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #6906 
Akeath

He's been fine with it. Uses it to help stabilize his bubblenests, and enjoys twining in and out of the roots too. Just make sure that it doesn't cover more than 3/4 of the surface so that he can reach air easily. I believe they naturally come from places with lots of floating plants/marginal vegetation.
Akeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:13 AM   #6907 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimnoa View Post
New batta :) 5G home

Picture sent to me by my seller high quality

Please tell me, are those marbles?
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:18 AM   #6908 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
I know you aren't supposed to use marbles as your only substrate, but I like marbles and beads (tank-safe ones) as an accent. I use ceramic beads as an accent, just for color. I wondered if beneficial bacteria would grow in any part of them.

I like Kimnoa's marbles, and how they go with the betta's colors.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #6909 
JadeAngel

Murasaki No Ryuu's tank

With the tank light (top picture). The tank light can be switched between white, blue, and a combo.

With flash (bottom picture)

Saki is a copper & purple double tail but he looks nearly black hiding back there

So this is my guy's 5 gallon tank. I grew up raising bettas, but I always trusted my mom to know what was best for a pet... so I never knew that bettas needed plants, aeration, gravel and all that when I was younger. Growing up, ours always lived in a 2 gallon tank with those decorative glass beads, and a castle. No aeration, temperature checks, variety in diet, filter, plants, or even water conditioning. Their water was changed completely once in a while instead of only partially once a week. I guess it wasn't as bad as it gets, but it wasn't ideal either.

So mine has gravel with a few decorative glass stones spread out, 2 silk plants, 1 plastic plant, a filter, his castle, and an air stone (that's hiding in the corner behind the green plant) We haven't needed a heater yet since he's in our bedroom, but I keep a thermometer on his tank and it stays between 79-81. I'm not sure we'll even need one in the winter (I'm Pennsylvania) since our faulty heating system keeps this room warmest in the winter whether we like it or not.

Now my husband loves this guy so much he got a betta, and it's in Saki's old 2 gallon tank... since I got this 5 gallon tank, he's decided to get one for his guy too!
Attached Images

JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #6910 
MadameDesu

That's a beautiful tank! What brand is it by the way? It looks like one I was thinking of buying.
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank