Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #1 
AquaKai

Will this be ok?

I'm Indiana for the weekend. I found this beautiful betta at the store and I'm hoping to get him later today when I go back. The thing is I won't be going back to my home tomorrow later in the day. I have an old lemonaide bottle that's about 1/2 gallon. Would that be ok to put him in for the trip back. I guess this a silly question but would that be ok for the betta? I just don't want any water spilling and this is the best I have right now.
AquaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #2 
Akuinnen

How long is the drive back? I'd suggest holding the bottle during the drive so you can smooth out any sudden movements the car makes and make sure he doesn't get splashed around.
Akuinnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #3 
AquaKai

It's about 2ish hours. But I have a box with blankets that we could put it between (in-between the blankets I mean). Ok, I'm glad this could work!
AquaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #4 
Akuinnen

I'm not an expert, but I did some more searching online and found that many people suggest putting your container in a box full of blankets or shipping peanuts, away from direct sunlight and air conditioning vents that might alter the temperature. Darkness also apparently help them keep from getting stressed. Personally, I would also hold him in my lap so I could be sure he wasn't getting too jarred. And remember to leave plenty of air. :)

Here's a link to another thread on the forum on shipping bettas:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=102500
Akuinnen is offline   Reply With Quote