Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #21 
deso

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina89 View Post
everyone has amazon so they can look them up if they dont have a petco or petsmart
Amazon's stock varies according to country, just so you know. I looked the Marina goldfish kit up on Amazon France out of curiosity and it's 33 euros there, a bit of a far cry from 19$. I'm not putting down the OP, though. Humane setups can be done on a budget wherever you are, but it takes more research and time depending on your location.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #22 
katrina89

Quote:
Originally Posted by deso View Post
Amazon's stock varies according to country, just so you know. I looked the Marina goldfish kit up on Amazon France out of curiosity and it's 33 euros there, a bit of a far cry from 19$. I'm not putting down the OP, though. Humane setups can be done on a budget wherever you are, but it takes more research and time depending on your location.
Ooo i had no idea!
katrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #23 
SnowySurface

*sigh* I don't know why I care so much, but I feel like I have to say something. If this seems like a rant, it is because I am blunt by nature and my tone is lost in type. This really is only an explanation I have to get off my chest before it drives me nuts.

I can't speak for the OP, but it seemes like he or she discovered a way to house a betta, humanely, for less than $35 and wanted to share his discovery with the world. It was that simple. He or she was happy and wanted to share the joy of his or her discovery with the forum as a whole.

I would not expect any member (old or new) to say, "Hey guys. I found a set up that is under $35 in the USA at store A, under 4000yen in Japan at store B, under 60euros in France at store C, Under 70 clam shells in Atlantis at store D....". I expect a member to say, "I found a setup that is under 35*insert native currency here* at these perticular stores I frequent. " If it helps, then it helps. If it doesn't help, then it doesn't help. That's why I end so many of my advice posts with "Good Luck" or "I hope this helps." Most of us may fall short in our advice, but we are only trying to help to the best of our abilities.

So I have always seen threads like this as useful because they may not work for every single person on the entire planet, but it's got to help at least one other person who only has $50 in his/her pocket.

I would like to note that I'm not against pointing out flaws. I was shocked to notice a big difference in prices between Amazon USA and Amazon Japan while I was studying abroad. So I'm glad Deso mention that Amazon France is not going to have the same prices as Amazon USA or Amazon Japan. I'm more against the idea of, "If you can't take into account every country of every member, don't post setup suggestions." If I need to know the going rate for my bookself tanks in France before I can suggest my tanks to other members, then no one will ever tanks as awesome as mine. XD

Last edited by SnowySurface; 07-27-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Random note I forgot as usual. -_-
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #24 
deso

Eeep! Snowy and OP! I'm very sorry, I didn't mean any offence! I just thought it might be good for fellow forum members to know that Amazon prices differ. The thing that rankles me is when someone tells a non-USA member (or someone living in a remote area) that they are being stupid and can buy a 10 gallon tank for 10$ at Petsmart/Petco.

But the OP was great for suggesting the setup, it's true. The forum is, after all, predominantly American, and for sure it'll be helpful to a lot of people :)
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #25 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowySurface View Post
*sigh* I don't know why I care so much, but I feel like I have to say something. If this seems like a rant, it is because I am blunt by nature and my tone is lost in type. This really is only an explanation I have to get off my chest before it drives me nuts.

I can't speak for the OP, but it seemes like he or she discovered a way to house a betta, humanely, for less than $35 and wanted to share his discovery with the world. It was that simple. He or she was happy and wanted to share the joy of his or her discovery with the forum as a whole.

I would not expect any member (old or new) to say, "Hey guys. I found a set up that is under $35 in the USA at store A, under 4000yen in Japan at store B, under 60euros in France at store C, Under 70 clam shells in Atlantis at store D....". I expect a member to say, "I found a setup that is under 35*insert native currency here* at these perticular stores I frequent. " If it helps, then it helps. If it doesn't help, then it doesn't help. That's why I end so many of my advice posts with "Good Luck" or "I hope this helps." Most of us may fall short in our advice, but we are only trying to help to the best of our abilities.

So I have always seen threads like this as useful because they may not work for every single person on the entire planet, but it's got to help at least one other person who only has $50 in his/her pocket.

I would like to note that I'm not against pointing out flaws. I was shocked to notice a big difference in prices between Amazon USA and Amazon Japan while I was studying abroad. So I'm glad Deso mention that Amazon France is not going to have the same prices as Amazon USA or Amazon Japan. I'm more against the idea of, "If you can't take into account every country of every member, don't post setup suggestions." If I need to know the going rate for my bookself tanks in France before I can suggest my tanks to other members, then no one will ever tanks as awesome as mine. XD
Thanks :). It was just a friendly suggestion to anyone who has access... If it doesn't help you, just ignore it. I would love to help the members in other countries and I'm sorry I couldn't...

@Deso...I know you wouldn't try and say anything offensive ;) I'm just sorry that this advise wasn't relevant to you :)
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #26 
dramaqueen
Banned

We do have to keep in mind when we suggest something that not everyone is from the U.S.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote