Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #1 
ktlelia

Coffee cups?

I've never thought of this, but I'm seeing it around on here. People using coffee cups as decoration/caves for their bettas? I kind of want to use this idea.
Should I be wary of this coffee cup idea? Would the paint chip/fall off after a while being soaked in water? Or am I over-thinking this and it's 100% OK to put in my tank?
(I am paranoid over the safety of my fish-child, yes yes haha).
ktlelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #2 
reggie oaks

Some coffee cups that are in the market, apparently aren' t much more than souvenirs. Once. I saw a full shop window of souvenir cups at a famous local gift shop which contained cofee cups with a sticker on the back side which read: " not intended for drinking" . If I' m not mistaken, it has to do with the varnish used. I would advise you to be careful with souvenir cofee cups, and cups fron Asia (nothing personal). If the cup cannot be used for drinking, I would not put it in my tank, un less bought from a reputable pet store or maybe garden store.
reggie oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #3 
ktlelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie oaks View Post
Some coffee cups that are in the market, apparently aren' t much more than souvenirs. Once. I saw a full shop window of souvenir cups at a famous local gift shop which contained cofee cups with a sticker on the back side which read: " not intended for drinking" . If I' m not mistaken, it has to do with the varnish used. I would advise you to be careful with souvenir cofee cups, and cups fron Asia (nothing personal). If the cup cannot be used for drinking, I would not put it in my tank, un less bought from a reputable pet store or maybe garden store.
Haha, interesting to see a cup that says "not intended for drinking" haha. I'm just worried about getting a regular cup from any store and finding out it peels off paint chips or has or is made of something that'll kill my fish but it's "fine" for humans. I'm prob just over-thinking it. It should be safe.
Thank you much for you help :)
Old 07-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #4 
reggie oaks

Smile flower pots?

Haven' t you considered small flowerpots. I like them very much, especially those with concave bottoms and oval in shape.
Attached Images

reggie oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #5 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie oaks View Post
Haven' t you considered small flowerpots. I like them very much, especially those with concave bottoms and oval in shape.
I LOVE that idea! thanks!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #6 
ktlelia

Oh my gosh! Perfect! I'm totally doing that when I remodel Lychee's tank after my move. Thanks!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #7 
JBosley

Flower pots are the way to go! Especially since you can get them at the Dollar Store
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote