Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #11 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Haha, my parents act all grumpy about it and my dad really pretends to not support my fish keeping.
However, HE bought me the shelving unit for the tanks. HE drove me to pick up used tanks. HE talked me into my 90 gallon tank.

I know he secretly likes watching the fish, but yea we were never good at them when he was in charge of the tanks years ago, now the fish are doing well and I think he enjoys seeing me have fun with the fishies.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #12 
MadameDesu

It's my friends, not my parents that think I'm weird.
My mom and dad both love Rosie. They don't really get how to take care of them, but they respect that I do.
My friends just kind of look at me funny when I say I love my fish.
It just bothers me because some of them have Bettas too. In jars full of poop. With fin rot.
And I'm the crazy one.
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

If I had kids I'd be glad that they had a hobby that will help them learn responsibility and compassion as well as an appreciation for nature. I'd rather have my kids involved in a good hobby than out getting in trouble, drinking and doing drugs.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #14 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
If I had kids I'd be glad that they had a hobby that will help them learn responsibility and compassion as well as an appreciation for nature. I'd rather have my kids involved in a good hobby than out getting in trouble, drinking and doing drugs.
I agree. After I told my dad he should be glad that I spend all my money on fish instead of drugs and alcohol like most teens, he became way more accepting of the fish.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #15 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post

Completely agree.
I don't think they realize that I'm 19 and have NEVER touched alcohol or any other drug. I'm 100% clean.

And living in college where that surrounds me, you'd think they'd be happier xD
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #16 
MistersMom

my grandpa always says stuff like 'i wonder how appetizing they'd be on a cracker.... hmph' lol and i think he secretly likes them , my mom and sister like them fare enough, except i have no $$ so im always using theirs lol. when i tell my grandpa about them and make him come and see, he acts all grumpy but i think he thinks im actually doing a nice job, and have a healthy hobby...
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #17 
Relic

Sounds to me like your dad just has a good sense of humor. I seriously doubt he meant anything by it. Spooning with the fish....bwahaha! that makes me raff.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #18 
MistersMom

i know right? i thought that was awesome lol. and the dogs going outside 'she doesntspoon with them!' LOL too funneh
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #19 
Alcemistnv

It would be funny if he wasn't being stupid about it...

Somtimes he does use his sense of humor for stuff like that, but the comments were made during a "He's just a fish" discussion so I'm sure it was more of a snarky comment...
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #20 
MadameDesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
my grandpa always says stuff like 'i wonder how appetizing they'd be on a cracker.... hmph' lol and i think he secretly likes them , my mom and sister like them fare enough, except i have no $$ so im always using theirs lol. when i tell my grandpa about them and make him come and see, he acts all grumpy but i think he thinks im actually doing a nice job, and have a healthy hobby...
LOL!! My dad says the same thing. Every few days, he's like "Sonwhen are we gonna grill her? She's the perfect size to fit on a Ritz cracker."
He's just joking, though. He comes into my room sometimes to look at her :P
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote