Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2012, 04:29 AM   #11 
JessSH

Hi! Thank you SO much for rescuing these lil guys! I know they appreciate it. 1-2 gallon tank is definitely better than dying. It sounds to me like youíre doing everything right. Only thing I can think of is for the ones with fin issues, using a double dose of Stress Coat can really help with regrowth & protecting the new bits of fin. And as far as PetCo, all I can say is at least yours make the (halfway) effort to feed them. Mine fully admits they donít bother to feed the bettas because it takes too long & they get sold so quickly (total lie). My Herc has practically doubled in size because the poor baby was so emanciated. He had severe tail biting issues & fin rot. I treated him just like youíre treating yours & look at him now! Heís gained about a cm of tail in a month! Amazing what a little TLC can do. I agree itís such a great feeling to see them come back from near death & getting to know them as their personalities come out when they start to heal. Also, Your 1st guy looks just like my new rescue Diomedes. He will be a stunning halfmoon when his fins regrow!
Attached Images

JessSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #12 
starr70

aww Jess what a beauty and what improvement. It just sickens me how they treat them. I went in today and they have one and it doesn't even have a middle tail if that makes sense. I'm sure I will have him soon because no one else will buy him and he will die in a cup and I just can't have that. He was beautiful white with a hint of red. Horrible horrible horrible. Props to you for rescuing your babies too. I have 14 now and my family keeps growing but wouldn't change a thing
starr70 is offline   Reply With Quote