Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #21 
Akuinnen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
I'm glad you were able to get a larger container for him...since it's only a half gallon, you could probably float it right in your main tank so that he gets some heat. Also, since his water is separate you could add a dosage of aquarium salt if you think it's necessary. I didn't recommend it before because your neons are sensitive to salt, but your betta by himself will be fine with it. However, if his fins seem to be healing well without it, it's probably not necessary. How's he doing?
Thanks! I didn't know about neons and salt, so I'm glad I didn't try salting the 10 gallon!
At first I did try floating his cup in the aquarium, but he kept trying to swim through the clear plastic so I moved him. However, I don't use any air conditioning in my apartment so the temperature of the water in both tanks stays at 81. I've been salting the water using a little less than the recommended dosage and his dorsal fin is almost completely healed. His caudal fin is still quite shredded though, so it might be a while before that heals.
I'd post some pictures, but my camera doesn't seem to want to focus on him unless there's a dark background, and he's very active. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can though!
Akuinnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #22 
Akuinnen

Small update: I'm starting to see some progress! It's a bit like watching grass grow, but his frayed edges are definitely getting better.

And on a side note, he was happy enough to build his first-ever bubble nest!
Akuinnen is offline   Reply With Quote