Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #1 
Candisemo

Sick Betta!

So I have had this betta for 4-5 months now. Lately he stays at the surface of the water not doing much with some of his fins curled. The past 2 days we have quarantined him and changed his water daily. So far we treated him for fungus and now we have started treatment for wasting disease & swollen abdomen with the General Cure medicine by API. He doesn't have filtration at the moment because the medicine recommends to treat without, but he does have airation. He seems to be a little faded in color but doesn't seem to have any mucus. He eats a little.
Candisemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Uh, don't treat if you don't know what's wrong. He could have been killed. Meanwhile, do a 100% change to get that medicine out of the water. We also need more information so please fill this out: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233

I'm guessing he's cold but since he's been there for a few months, eh...
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote