Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #11 
JurassicBetta65

I usually get mine from a petstore or I do landscaping in the summer where we build ponds and sometimes I get a few free plants. Also I will try this place http://www.aquaticjungles.com/ I saw it from youtube and was going to give it a try.
JurassicBetta65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #12 
Bill and Cathy

Bambi,
The Duckweed is in the mail, Thursday. Even though it is in an envelope it isn't mail. So, it gets a different rate. I hope it arrives Saturday and not Monday. If it dies it is OK. It will come back from seeds or spores.
Where I started netting it was too shallow. I may have picked up some dirt. So, open t into a bowl of water.
Good luck,
Bill
Bill and Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #13 
BettaQi

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=183662

This guy has great stuff!
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #14 
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusTheGreat View Post
this guy is legit here is his youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dustinsf...?feature=g-u-u

and this is his web sit were he sells his plants

http://www.aquaticjungles.com/
+1 also Aquriumplants.com and AZgardens.com but for small orders the shipping is kinda high. And AZ has I think a $35 min purchase.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:51 AM   #15 
Tikibirds

Usually from other members here OR sometimes i will find an actual aquatic plant in those tubes at petco.
I have gotten moss via ebay too from someplace in asia

gonna order from here soon
http://shop.plantedaquariumscentral....plants_c14.htm
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #16 
Bill and Cathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
+1 also Aquriumplants.com and AZgardens.com but for small orders the shipping is kinda high. And AZ has I think a $35 min purchase.
I have had Duckweed around my house for twenty years. It seems to die and come back every year.
If I lived in a place like New York I would have changed the water, where the duckweed had been, several times before the next year. Any spores left behind by the plant would be long gone.
So, $35 to have a plant for a short time is not worth that much.
I spent some time looking for a little bit of microworm. I could have spent $35 ($15 + $10 S&H) and had it. But, I only need a couple worms to get them started. I finally found some on E-bay in Hong Kong for $.99 and less than $2 shipping.
After I placed the order two people offered to share theirs with me. Fap!!

Last edited by Bill and Cathy; 08-06-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Bill and Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #17 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

When members here have plants for sell I think it the best way to buy them or aquabid and ebay. I got my moss balls on ebay and Anacharis and Hornwort from a member here and they have done very well !

My anacharis is growing like a weed and I need to find out if I break off the stems that grow from the side to make more plants or leave them alone ? Also do they grow roots from the side cause mine seems to be doing that. Can someone please help me out with that? Thanks...see picture below to see what I am talking about cause these are my first plants and not to sure what to do.
Attached Images

Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #18 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
When members here have plants for sell I think it the best way to buy them or aquabid and ebay. I got my moss balls on ebay and Anacharis and Hornwort from a member here and they have done very well !

My anacharis is growing like a weed and I need to find out if I break off the stems that grow from the side to make more plants or leave them alone ? Also do they grow roots from the side cause mine seems to be doing that. Can someone please help me out with that? Thanks...see picture below to see what I am talking about cause these are my first plants and not to sure what to do.
The answer to all your questions is yes. I have anacharis in my tank as well. You can break of the stems that grow from the side to make new plants. I've done that a few times because my anacharis keeps out growing my 5 gallon tanks. ON a bright note, the stem will bend at the waters edge and grow horizontal instead of growing straight up into your light and cooking itself. Like, I***** where the "I" is 8-9 inches of the main stem and the "*******" is the rest of the 3 feet. I'm at work so I can't post pictures of it. The only time I cut off is when it looks like the plant is grown bigger than the roots can handle and major leaf death happens. I actually hope I get a few more shoots so I can fill out my second 5 gallon tank.

Roots will grow from the sides no matter what you do. The roots don't bug me so I just ignore them. Good luck.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #19 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Thanks so much SnowySurface thats a big help to me ! Mine are in a 5 gallon tank also I just cant get over how well its growing these new stems are growing half and inch overnight. I would love to see pictures of yours whenever you get a chance to post them let me know.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote