Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #1 
TeacherTeapot

So New I Don't Even Own a Tank Yet!

Hey Everyone!

My name is Sarah and I only just decided to get my first Betta within the last few days. I recently graduated from college, and since where I live doesn't allow cats or dogs, I went with a fish (Which I had to get special permission for). I live in what is lovingly referred to as "The Great White North", also known as Michigan, and work in a campground. I really don't know what else to say....I'm a capricorn, who tends to be introverted (so if I don't answer right away you know why), and I love how relaxing watching fish can be. (The campground is on a lake so I watch Bass and Bluegills mostly, sadly usually while I'm trying to catch them for dinner though)
TeacherTeapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #2 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the forum

A betta would be the perfect pet in your situation. Good luck picking out your new buddy when you get to that point.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #3 
lelei

Hello, and Welcome to the forum Sarah, I would love to hear more about your betta, do you have a tank picked out that you have in mind? Also if no tank yet, how are you housing your betta, what color is he/she do you have some pix you can show us?

They are very exiting to watch, especially when they have a lot of swim room, and I have currently 3 bettas all male..2 of which are rescue fishy's I love my lil guys so much, they all have incredible and different personalities, Did you give your betta a name yet? Keep us updated on your new fishy:) And if there is anything you want to know, do not hesitate to ask:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #4 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hmmmm... I didn't think the fish made an appearance yet. I read the post as that the decision was made in the past few days.

So Sarah what say you? Do you have a fish yet?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #5 
TeacherTeapot

No fish yet! I'm leaving for vacation next week, I'll be picking up a tank after that. I wasn't going to buy a fish until I had managed to properly cycle the tank first. I'm excited though!

I'm so excited I've already picked out a name. I was thinking of going with Bernie. Bernadette for a girl, Bernard for a boy.

Last edited by TeacherTeapot; 08-06-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #6 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Ha ha ha. All of my bettas have B names. I just stuck with it after my first one who was named Baccus (god of wine).

I currently have Bob, Boston, Butters, Bulldog, BaddaBing, and Bruiser :)
Old 08-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #7 
TeacherTeapot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
I currently have Bob, Boston, Butters, Bulldog, BaddaBing, and Bruiser :)
I have this thing about alliteration...I love all those names!
Old 08-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #8 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I've been dying to get a girl just so I can name it Bijou :) Problem is, I keep finding stunning males at Petco of all places. The one about 1/2 hour from me has a great supplier of males and there are always so many to choose from.

I'm holding at six only because I've used up every inch of available space with tanks. Be warned that they are addicting.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #9 
TeacherTeapot

Lol, that's why I'm restricting myself to one 2gal tank. Which is sadly all I have room for in my very, very small apartment. I was going to get a female at first and name her Beatrice, after the character in "Much Ado About Nothing".
Old 08-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #10 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Well I can't wait to see what you end up picking out. It's hard to resist those fabulous male tails if you're limited to one betta only. But some of the ladies have those big eyes in a tiny face and they can be hard to resist too.

Keep us posted and happy fishy finding.