Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #1 
FishyFishy89

Puppys in the mall

I was going bday shopping with my best friend and there was a new store in the mall. It was a puppy store. For some unknown reason I was attracted to the bowls and leashes/collars. I was browsing through them and was considering purchasing a slow feed small dish for my lil piggy pug when my best friend calls out "they have a pug!"

I saw a sleeping female pug puppy. She was epically adorable. Reading her card I saw "APA registered" and immediately thought "this is not a reputable place." Reading all the other puppys' cards i saw APA, ARC registered claims. I looked at my best friend and quietly said "this is a puppy mill".

They had one of their largest cages reserved for ****-Tzus(most popular bought puppy), A Boston Terrier and an Italian Greyhound ATLEAST 1 year old! I heard a woman ask the man who worked there "do you still have the hairless puppy?" And he said "No he was sold yesterday. I will have 1 for you tomorrow"

A COMPLETELY hairless dog is very rare and very expensive. And to have another like that, you've got to be running a puppy mill. To have SO MANY different breeds of puppys, you MUST be a puppy mill.

I was disappointed because their collars and bowls looked great and I wanted to get 1 for Emma. I was also upset that he would just add to the homeless dog population by breeding these wonderful animals for money! No doubt these puppys will have endless problems in their lives.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

I don't like puppy mills. D: It's just bad... You're so lucky to have went there. This thread reminded me have my 2 SHIH TZUS. (Not ****-Tzus, cuss word!) They're my puppies in my country. My grandpa now takes care of them and so does everybody else at the house. He also has 2 dachshunds, one is about to be given away, my Shih Tzus, and 1 Doberman Pinscher. He has a lot of dogs. The Dobie was supposed to be a guard dog guarding the gate but he just barks at shadows. At least he's doing his job! ;) Can you post a picture of your pug? I wanna see those cute little wrinkles. ;3
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #3 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I saw "APA registered" and immediately thought "this is not a reputable place." Reading all the other puppys' cards i saw APA, ARC registered claims. I looked at my best friend and quietly said "this is a puppy mill".
ANY store that sells puppies is not reputable. GOOD WORK on not buying ANYTHING from them!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #4 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
I don't like puppy mills. D: It's just bad... You're so lucky to have went there. This thread reminded me have my 2 SHIH TZUS. (Not ****-Tzus, cuss word!) They're my puppies in my country. My grandpa now takes care of them and so does everybody else at the house. He also has 2 dachshunds, one is about to be given away, my Shih Tzus, and 1 Doberman Pinscher. He has a lot of dogs. The Dobie was supposed to be a guard dog guarding the gate but he just barks at shadows. At least he's doing his job! ;) Can you post a picture of your pug? I wanna see those cute little wrinkles. ;3
Sorry. I'm not into Shih-Tzus very much. So I have no clue how to spell them xD
Here is a cuteness overload picture of Emma the pug. She'll kill you with her adorable wittle face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
ANY store that sells puppies is not reputable. GOOD WORK on not buying ANYTHING from them!
I shoulda known it right from the start. Just immediately saw the bowls and collars xD
Old 08-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #5 
LebronTheBetta

It's OK.

Your Pug is so mother freaking cute! :3 I <3 her little big cute eyes! AW... She doesn't have any respiratory issues, does she? I wonder what she sounds like when she sneezes... :0 She's to DIE for.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #6 
katrina89

any place that sells puppies is just bad for them.. most places will send their dogs to shelters if they cant sell them while theyre still puppy size... and then ship in more... its just wrong considering there are so many dogs that need homes in shelters that will never see one... tell your friend the best place to find a puppy is petfinder.com
katrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:02 AM   #7 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
It's OK.

Your Pug is so mother freaking cute! :3 I <3 her little big cute eyes! AW... She doesn't have any respiratory issues, does she? I wonder what she sounds like when she sneezes... :0 She's to DIE for.
No. No breathing issues. She snores and snorts quite often.
She started having some issues shortly after we got her spayed at the ASPCA. They didn't properly "wake" her so for a half year she would occasionally reverse sneeze.
This is exactly what it sounded like: http://youtu.be/NPsckKIB_AU
She had these episodes for approx half a year. Maybe a bit more. She doesn't really do them anymore.
Her sneezes are hard to describe but are epically adorable....until you get sprayed with pug buggers.
This video is about as close as I could find to Emma's sneezes
http://youtu.be/semAAYPQ6bo

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 08-07-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #8 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina89 View Post
any place that sells puppies is just bad for them.. most places will send their dogs to shelters if they cant sell them while theyre still puppy size... and then ship in more... its just wrong considering there are so many dogs that need homes in shelters that will never see one... tell your friend the best place to find a puppy is petfinder.com
Oh she knows better.
Her and I usually stay far away from those sort of places.
She has a dog right now. And likely won't get another one for a while..
Old 08-07-2012, 12:05 AM   #9 
Bettanewbie60

So sad...this is why my three dogs are all shelter rescued. sigh
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #10 
LebronTheBetta

Aw... :3 Well, at least she's better now! :) Can't believe I might have a dog in a few years. >.< I know the vet bills, commitment, training, love, all that stuff. But it's worth it. :D I would like a Golden Retriever but maybe I could get a smaller, obedient, not that noisy little dog. No Chihuahuas! o.O Sorry!