Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Contests
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #21 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm kind of getting attached to him. lol I love hearing about his progress.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:31 AM   #22 
CandiceMM

That means a lot! It really does, everybody that even takes the time to read up on him is amazing. I live what I do and appreciate the support.
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #23 
animalcraker

Wow it's hard to belive that those are the same fish. They all looked so terible when you guys first got them and they've blossomed into amazingly beautiful bettas. I'm glad I'm not a judge, I wouldn't be able to choose just one winner amongst all the amazing stories.
animalcraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:43 AM   #24 
LebronTheBetta

Yes, it's a hard job. >.< Me and Mo are already judges for the "Best Show Betta (And Others)" Contest. It's ESPECIALLY hard for us now. Teeney will also struggle too, though. Congrats to the winner who will be shown at the end of the contest! Great job for the people who rescued their Bettas and thank you, for saving these lives. :)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:28 AM   #25 
graymyca

Wow, this is some thread. For those who can you have my praise.
graymyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #26 
DiiQue

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcraker View Post
Wow it's hard to belive that those are the same fish. They all looked so terible when you guys first got them and they've blossomed into amazingly beautiful bettas. I'm glad I'm not a judge, I wouldn't be able to choose just one winner amongst all the amazing stories.
I second that... Mo, Lebron and Teeney have their work cut out for them... Very difficult to pick just one with the entries received.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #27 
megacoolguy10

Can i be a judge?
megacoolguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #28 
LebronTheBetta

Sorry, no more room. :(
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #29 
megacoolguy10

ok :(

And go to betta chat and read a bettas unforgettable adventure
megacoolguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #30 
cjz96

A. The Maestro
B. Date of Rescue: August 2011
C. Well, my story is a little different. This is for anybody whose betta rescue didn’t work out as they would have hoped. I was sick in bed with a migraine. My family brought me a surprise to cheer me up and I ended up with a tiny purple betta on my piano. From then on, he became The Maestro. He was very skinny and timid. My family told me they got the sickest one since they thought I would be able to fix him up. Who knew a little TLC would go such a long way? I fattened him up very quickly. Maybe a little too quickly since he looked so pathetic in there, begging for food all the time. He would listen to me practice, flare when I made a mistake, and make a bubble nest when I played some Schubert. He would always find me whenever I was in the room and swim around happily when I came over to practice. He was a perfect little buddy to have around. Little did I know that my perfect little buddy would be trouble later on. I noticed the trouble sometime in May. I treated him for basically everything and with everything on the planet. He ended up having a tumor which cannot be cured. His health kept on going down hill. He started having trouble breathing, swimming due to the tumor, his spine started looking crooked, and he stopped eating. I had to put him in the small Walmart cup he came in since the tumor effected his swim bladder. I was thinking about putting him down right then and there to save him any more suffering. Now, I know bettas can’t speak English or anything like that. But I went up crying to his tank and asked him if this would be the right thing to do. To give me a sign. He immediately perked up and started making a bubble nest. He started eating again and miraculously stopped breathing heavily. Amazingly, he’s still hanging on to this day. I know his time is limited since tumors are fatal. I look back at everything that happened. Did I help him? Did I give him what he needed? He isn’t any healthier then he was when I first rescued him. Then I thought…yeah, I did help him. I gave him what every betta should have. Love and a happy home. To all the betta owners who have gone through something like this: I know it’s hard thinking you have failed to help out the little guy or gal you tried to save and help. But giving him or her the love he/she needs is more than any betta can ask for. When my little guy’s time comes, I will at least know that he lived a happy and loved life.
D. The smaller picture is a photo of a few months after I got him. The second is a picture of him now.
Attached Images

cjz96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-what fish food, is a pie