Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #41 
Sena Hansler

And mine has green :p

I still would like to know, I mean my friend did that with her ol' doggie. He ended up being a mountain, st bernard, something something something LOL. But he was the biggest sweetheart xD I know there is a test of somesorts... I just do not know how muchh it is.

On a side the dang pigeon that was mocking my cat was sctually defending his/her nest. Ends up there is a fluffy baby bird in there. I was going to knock the nest down but I decided otherwise. Once the baby is gone the poopy birds are too!!

Oh yes, for those who know their comedians... The cat's name is Gabriel.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #42 
Tazo

What a cute boy! Glad you decided to take him in, he looks like he's going to be an excellent cat. Love the name, too <3.

I will say, though, that I think the reason that people were getting so defensive about the whole "purebred/not" thing is because some people would decide that their cat is some rare breed and not have them fixed or treat them differently because of it :/. No offense, but if you picked up an unpapered, unaltered, purebred dog at the shelter, breeding them would be irresponsible because you don't know their history, etc.
But you're obviously getting him fixed either way, and would treat him the same no matter what he is, so you can call him whatever you want. I mean, imo he's just your typical cat - mixed heritage, mixed background, all awesome. Definitely not a Khao Manee - they have a very different face shape than your boy, but he's still beautiful!

Unfortunately, there are no genetic tests for cat breeds :/. Unlike dogs, differences in cat breed are very subtle for whatever reason. But he's a wonderful boy, and I'm sure you'll love having him <3
Tazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #43 
Sena Hansler

Well that sucks. All well.

Anyways, I wont be on for a while. I am going to be breeding and will be working so I don't have time to always be on :)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #44 
Laki

I hear even the dog genetcis tests are quite expensive and not altogether accurate.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote