Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #51 
lelei

Everyine knows right now that Glofish are gaining popularity..very quickly..well..make a poster and say Come see our fancy fish..fish that glow..fish whose fins flare and more..then have the Care sheets.printed out..for anyone intetested in buying a betta..or say what makes bwtta fish flare come see..and then have some pics..that is si attracive..and peaks curiousity..and wilk entice customers to see more in store..
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #52 
lelei

Also my daughter does cut and paste jobs so I was thinkin having on the poster..a pic of a 5 gal tank all with decor..and a betta fish drawn inside or a picture of one as part of the poster to show customers what a betta looks like in a bigger tank..have a 5 point checklist so its noted that people need the top 5 things to properly take care of a betta.. A picture of heater..and a thermometer..and a hiding cave..and type if food and water coditioner pictures on the poster..so not everything needs to be drawn..but can stilk be added to show importance..
Old 08-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #53 
AquaKai

That's a great idea leilei!

I also have a few things to mention about the website. Reading back through the thread this all started out getting awareness for the aquatic animals in pet stores, some how this turned into creating a website for information??? I just need to ask: what is going to be the real reason for the website? Who are the audience your trying to target? Another thing to realize, you're going to need to update this often. People will come more frequently if you have new and exciting information. Don't sound young and uninformed, i.e. Bettas need better places to live. DIE VASES. As a person who has a decent amount of followers and writes for a hobby as well, I thought that this needed to be addressed
AquaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #54 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Let me know if you'd like any additional help with your website, little leaf. I actually had a website when I was 11. I recently created this website about betta care.. :) http://www.bettacarecentral.weebly.com :)
thanks, I'll check it out
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #55 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Everyine knows right now that Glofish are gaining popularity..very quickly..well..make a poster and say Come see our fancy fish..fish that glow..fish whose fins flare and more..then have the Care sheets.printed out..for anyone intetested in buying a betta..or say what makes bwtta fish flare come see..and then have some pics..that is si attracive..and peaks curiousity..and wilk entice customers to see more in store..
ok, I'm going on a rescue mission soon. I'll suggest everyone's ideas to petsmart, or should I say petdumb? (bad joke?)
Old 08-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #56 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaKai View Post
That's a great idea leilei!

I also have a few things to mention about the website. Reading back through the thread this all started out getting awareness for the aquatic animals in pet stores, some how this turned into creating a website for information??? I just need to ask: what is going to be the real reason for the website? Who are the audience your trying to target? Another thing to realize, you're going to need to update this often. People will come more frequently if you have new and exciting information. Don't sound young and uninformed, i.e. Bettas need better places to live. DIE VASES. As a person who has a decent amount of followers and writes for a hobby as well, I thought that this needed to be addressed
I'll try to get good info, and on the betta page I'll say at some point: "another thing about the habitat, get your fish out of a FREAKING VASE."

and the reason for the website is... to help (new?) fish owners take good care of their fishes, LTB and I are working on it...
Old 08-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #57 
AquaKai

Ok, just remember there are hundreds of thousands of other websites that are going to try to disprove what you are saying. Try to make yours sound as informed and realiable as possible. Give it something extra. Remember, you're competing with the all knowing Yahoo!Answers, which is always right, you know. Try bringing in other people, contact others who know what they're doing, like OFL. There are some other VERY helpful people on other forums as well. I know on Aquarium Advice that Severum Mama is one of the most knowledgeable people on there. Ask them to write an article, or perhaps ask them some questions for an article that you'll write. Give great links to other places, plantedtank.net and seriouslyfish.com are AMAZING places to receive information on fish, the latter more so than the former.

These are, once again, things that I have picked up through the course of blogging, that I really think that you should know. It'll help you get that leg up on Wikipedia.

Oh, and don't use Google Images for pictures, those are usually copyrighted and you probably don't want to (possibly) get sued. Try asking others for pictures or take some pictures yourself.
AquaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #58 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaKai View Post
Ok, just remember there are hundreds of thousands of other websites that are going to try to disprove what you are saying. Try to make yours sound as informed and realiable as possible. Give it something extra. Remember, you're competing with the all knowing Yahoo!Answers, which is always right, you know. Try bringing in other people, contact others who know what they're doing, like OFL. There are some other VERY helpful people on other forums as well. I know on Aquarium Advice that Severum Mama is one of the most knowledgeable people on there. Ask them to write an article, or perhaps ask them some questions for an article that you'll write. Give great links to other places, plantedtank.net and seriouslyfish.com are AMAZING places to receive information on fish, the latter more so than the former.

These are, once again, things that I have picked up through the course of blogging, that I really think that you should know. It'll help you get that leg up on Wikipedia.

Oh, and don't use Google Images for pictures, those are usually copyrighted and you probably don't want to (possibly) get sued. Try asking others for pictures or take some pictures yourself.
alright, I use myself as a source, too. (lol myself *slaps "source"*)

and I also used the betta pic at the bottom because its my own
Old 08-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #59 
lelei

Yes, that is the best way to go, use our own pix, before and after pix of rescues, and such..to really give people an idea of what a sick betta looks like, and what a healthy betta looks like, and tell them what it takes to keep one that way..and link the webpage for all that info..we can also give our own "Quotes" on our experiences and what is best in regards to betta's since that is what we must be focusing on..for "Betta Awareness" and how to Properly take care of a betta fish..all of us can use a pic or our own fish..and give a lil background info on the fish, or ourselves, and on the webpage, have anyone else who owns a betta do the same, just to encourage more people to join..always update with new stories, and pix..to keep it exiting, and interesting..
Old 08-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #60 
MadameDesu

I know I'm getting into this conversation late, but has anyone noticed non-chain stores taking better care of fish? I have one in my area that has a fish room. Literally half the store is a giant room of fish tanks. They have a reptile room too, as well as tortoises that they let roam around the store when they're not in their pens.
They sell their bettas in cups, but theyre mostly healthy, fed, and kept in clear water.
Besides writing to Petsmart and Petco, another way to help may be to shop exclusively at stores like this. Helps local business and takes competition away from the chains, telling them that we like stores with fish that are well-cared for!
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
they need a chance!, who needs more attention, you or the aquatics?