Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #21 
Knitterly

yeah, she's round but also seems plenty healthy on her tail. Just an odd fish, I guess. I don't like her much but she's the husband's favorite. LOL. I do my best for all the fishies.
Knitterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #22 
marshamore

soooo. walmart didn't have anything for internal meds, or anything without "fix" at the end, so i'll have to wait until payday to do anything with that.

i have changed his water and used epsom salt the last two days, and he is perking up, rather quickly. his poop is no longer completely white, but... sections of it are brown?

also mind you, he was/is extremely thin when i got him.
he has accepted food, so far.
marshamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #23 
LebronTheBetta

I guess that means he's getting better. :) As long as the food you feed him is brown, it's great! Bettas with internal parasites tend to be thin. It's either that or he was deeply malnourished.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #24 
Myates

Definitely sounds as if the sections are mixed brown/white then she is ingesting her eggs...

I am confuzzled.. is this a male or female? I was under impression it was a girl, but you refer to as he?
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #25 
LebronTheBetta

Marshamore's Betta has internal parasites. Knitterly's Betta is a girl and is assumed to have internal parasites. Knitterly should make a new thread even if it is a similar problem.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #26 
Myates

Okay.. I was confused lol.. definitely best to always make your own thread when you have health concerns instead of piggy backing on others, that way you will get accurate help and not confused answers! :P
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #27 
LebronTheBetta

Yeah, it's going to confuse people. WELL, at least we know who has the problem and who might have.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #28 
ANHEL123

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshamore View Post
soooo. walmart didn't have anything for internal meds, or anything without "fix" at the end, so i'll have to wait until payday to do anything with that.

i have changed his water and used epsom salt the last two days, and he is perking up, rather quickly. his poop is no longer completely white, but... sections of it are brown?

also mind you, he was/is extremely thin when i got him.
he has accepted food, so far.
Make sure you do 100% daily water changes with Epsom salt.
And it better pre mix salt in the one gall jug for the right dosage and shake it well make sure it dissolved. Don't put it directly in his tank/container.

Also make sure you acclimate the betta. And make sure new water approx the same temp as his.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote