Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #6911 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameDesu View Post
That's a beautiful tank! What brand is it by the way? It looks like one I was thinking of buying.
It's an Aquarius Panaview 5 gallon tank :) I love the shape of it, and it's acrylic so it's a lot lighter than the glass one I was thinking of getting.
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #6912 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
With the tank light (top picture). The tank light can be switched between white, blue, and a combo.

With flash (bottom picture)

Saki is a copper & purple double tail but he looks nearly black hiding back there

So this is my guy's 5 gallon tank. I grew up raising bettas, but I always trusted my mom to know what was best for a pet... so I never knew that bettas needed plants, aeration, gravel and all that when I was younger. Growing up, ours always lived in a 2 gallon tank with those decorative glass beads, and a castle. No aeration, temperature checks, variety in diet, filter, plants, or even water conditioning. Their water was changed completely once in a while instead of only partially once a week. I guess it wasn't as bad as it gets, but it wasn't ideal either.

So mine has gravel with a few decorative glass stones spread out, 2 silk plants, 1 plastic plant, a filter, his castle, and an air stone (that's hiding in the corner behind the green plant) We haven't needed a heater yet since he's in our bedroom, but I keep a thermometer on his tank and it stays between 79-81. I'm not sure we'll even need one in the winter (I'm Pennsylvania) since our faulty heating system keeps this room warmest in the winter whether we like it or not.

Now my husband loves this guy so much he got a betta, and it's in Saki's old 2 gallon tank... since I got this 5 gallon tank, he's decided to get one for his guy too!
Wow it looks awesome! Love the colors!!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #6913 
MadameDesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
It's an Aquarius Panaview 5 gallon tank :) I love the shape of it, and it's acrylic so it's a lot lighter than the glass one I was thinking of getting.
Yes! That's the one I was considering.
Are you using the filter that came with it or a different one?
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #6914 
Sparkette

Alright so I just did a live plant set up. Here it is. Man this is starting to cost the same as a salt water setup. lol
Attached Images

Sparkette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #6915 
MoneyFish

My 10 gallon planted tank, 3D background (equipment hidden behind background). Have some more plants coming in this week, hopefully it will fill in the tank a bit more.

MoneyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #6916 
MadameDesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkette View Post
Alright so I just did a live plant set up. Here it is. Man this is starting to cost the same as a salt water setup. lol
Pretty :)
What kind of plants you got in there?
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #6917 
MistersMom

Whatis a 3D background? because i thought that that was stuff you actually had in your tank.... does it like pop out? its so neat! i Love it!!!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #6918 
Sparkette

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameDesu View Post
Pretty :)
What kind of plants you got in there?
Mostly Java plants with some crypt and wisteria
Sparkette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #6919 
MistersMom

the top picture is my 20 gallon and then 10 gallon, both divided, the bottom is each individual section .... Enjoy :) its murkey because it was after a 100% water change and te quality is sucking thanks to my lovely fone
Name:  PicMonkey Collagelkb.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  72.3 KB

[/u]Name:  PicMonkey Collagenjdklvhj dlgjre].jpg
Views: 425
Size:  59.1 KB
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #6920 
copperarabian

My 10g, I took out the paper thin falling apart mesh and replaced it with thick plastic art mesh. I then threw on my 17g bow front hood even though it doesn't fit because it makes the lighting 80% better, I used some extra art mesh to block a few small openings at the back caused by the hoods bow front shape.

here's the pic, it looks better in person. both sides have driftwood, the left has a big piece in the back and the right side has a piece of manzanita. Also both sides have a piece of a terracotta pot to use as a hide and a fake leaf(s) at the top to sleep on.

copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank