Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #41 
Sakura8

I usually do a water change before adding in meds just to be on the safe side. For extra course, I mean the 1-3 doses every other day for another 3 doses. With dropsy symptoms, if you are not absolutely sure you've treated thoroughly, the bacteria can strike again and be more resistant and hard to treat. When dosed this way, Kanaplex is safe for another course.

If he seems to be doing okay without the epsom salt, you can always skip it but it won't hurt him to have it in there. You can start him out on 1 tsp a gallon and if he seems okay on that, leave him at that level. Otherwise, work him back up to 3 tsps/gallon again.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #42 
klslone

I just checked on him again and I am very happy to say that the pine-coning is completely gone! :D I took a couple of pics to post on here but for some reason my computer isn't recognizing my SD card. I can try again later though.

If I can get them to post and his pine-coning is indeed fully gone, should I do the next dose of Kanaplex? And should I continue with the epsom salt?
klslone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #43 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by klslone View Post
I just checked on him again and I am very happy to say that the pine-coning is completely gone! :D I took a couple of pics to post on here but for some reason my computer isn't recognizing my SD card. I can try again later though.

If I can get them to post and his pine-coning is indeed fully gone, should I do the next dose of Kanaplex? And should I continue with the epsom salt?
OMG IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!
This is so hard to treat and it looks like you have a little fighter :')

I will leave the advice giving to Sakura ;)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #44 
Sakura8

I would definitely continue with the epsom salt for at least a week. Ideally, one more course of Kanaplex can only help him but that's entirely up to you. If you feel he's completely better, than by all means we don't need to throw more meds at him.

I'm very happy that he's doing so much better. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote