Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #1 
Htennek

Location: Somewhere between rage and serenity.... if I am not there, then I must be in the coffeehouse chat.
Driving Question

So here's a question... How long is a short drive for you guys? I've been seeing some people having a pet shop 1-2 hours away. WOW! I could have already pass two states with 2 hours. Of course, I don't drive yet.

A short drive for me and my parents would be like 5-30 minutes, anything more than 30 minutes is far.
Htennek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #2 
katrina89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htennek View Post
So here's a question... How long is a short drive for you guys? I've been seeing some people having a pet shop 1-2 hours away. WOW! I could have already pass two states with 2 hours. Of course, I don't drive yet.

A short drive for me and my parents would be like 5-30 minutes, anything more than 30 minutes is far.
I have to agree... anything more than 30 minutes to me is far... I like to avoid driving on the highway is i can so i wouldnt drive 2 hours to go to a pet store lol... I lived in nyc for the past 5 yrs so i just got my license 2 months ago
katrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #3 
indjo
TFK Moderator

hmmm..... where I'm at, it depends on what day and hour..... and which route. A 5 minute drive on a Sunday could be a 30 minute drive on week days. A 30 minute drive could be 2 hour drive. I sometimes detour a 20km and drive 40 - 50 just to avoid traffic - faster and less stressful.

But a short drive for me would be under 10km - I don't measure by time as it may take between 20 minutes to an hour...... sometimes 2 hours if I'm "lucky". LOL

There are lots of fish stores in my suburb .... 10-15 minute walk. But I usually go to a place about 1 km away.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #4 
lvandert

a short drive for us is 1-2 hours. Anything shorter is just shorter lol. Multiple times a year my bf and I take about 3-5 trips to MN (a total of 10-12 hours each way) and about 4-5 trips to the other end of the state (5-6 hours each way).
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #5 
vilmarisv

Living in the city, anything over 15 minutes is a long drive... I live 4 minutes from work and the mall is just a couple of blocks down.
I like long drives for entertainment but I could not do a 45 minute comute like I used to.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #6 
Htennek

Location: Somewhere between rage and serenity.... if I am not there, then I must be in the coffeehouse chat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
hmmm..... where I'm at, it depends on what day and hour..... and which route. A 5 minute drive on a Sunday could be a 30 minute drive on week days. A 30 minute drive could be 2 hour drive. I sometimes detour a 20km and drive 40 - 50 just to avoid traffic - faster and less stressful.
I know how you feel. When I was in the Philippines, a 30 minute drive could also be a 2 hour drive... When it's Holy Week, a five hour drive could be 8-13 hours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
a short drive for us is 1-2 hours. Anything shorter is just shorter lol. Multiple times a year my bf and I take about 3-5 trips to MN (a total of 10-12 hours each way) and about 4-5 trips to the other end of the state (5-6 hours each way).
I wouldn't survive a 10 hour drive, let alone a 4 hour drive. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
Living in the city, anything over 15 minutes is a long drive... I live 4 minutes from work and the mall is just a couple of blocks down.
I like long drives for entertainment but I could not do a 45 minute comute like I used to.
Same here about the malls. Pet stores are all around and I live in the suburbs.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #7 
lvandert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htennek View Post

I wouldn't survive a 10 hour drive, let alone a 4 hour drive. xD
lol it's not as hard as you think, its just boring (unless I have a fully charged gameboy advanced and pokemon XD). I unfortunately can't read in the car without getting carsick so I generally just watch the country side go by. My fb and I talk sometimes but there is only so much you can talk about. Luckily I can sleep in a moving car so sometimes I put my seat back and take a nap.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #8 
Htennek

Quote:
lol it's not as hard as you think, its just boring (unless I have a fully charged gameboy advanced and pokemon XD). I unfortunately can't read in the car without getting carsick so I generally just watch the country side go by. My fb and I talk sometimes but there is only so much you can talk about. Luckily I can sleep in a moving car so sometimes I put my seat back and take a nap.
I LOVE POKEMON! Although all the new pokemons are really ugly...

Well, I'd probably get bored 2 hours through the trip and bug my family.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #9 
lvandert

lol hecks yes! original 150 were the best. I actually have a butterfree tattoo on my leg. It more references the show but its pokemon none the less
Old 08-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #10 
Htennek

Quote:
lol hecks yes! Original 150 were the best. I actually have a butterfree tattoo on my leg. It more references the show but its pokemon none the less

awesome!