Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #1 
Htennek
New Member
 
Htennek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Somewhere between rage and serenity.... if I am not there, then I must be in the coffeehouse chat.
Driving Question

So here's a question... How long is a short drive for you guys? I've been seeing some people having a pet shop 1-2 hours away. WOW! I could have already pass two states with 2 hours. Of course, I don't drive yet.

A short drive for me and my parents would be like 5-30 minutes, anything more than 30 minutes is far.
Htennek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #2 
katrina89
Member
 
katrina89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htennek View Post
So here's a question... How long is a short drive for you guys? I've been seeing some people having a pet shop 1-2 hours away. WOW! I could have already pass two states with 2 hours. Of course, I don't drive yet.

A short drive for me and my parents would be like 5-30 minutes, anything more than 30 minutes is far.
I have to agree... anything more than 30 minutes to me is far... I like to avoid driving on the highway is i can so i wouldnt drive 2 hours to go to a pet store lol... I lived in nyc for the past 5 yrs so i just got my license 2 months ago
katrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #3 
indjo
TFK Moderator
 
indjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
hmmm..... where I'm at, it depends on what day and hour..... and which route. A 5 minute drive on a Sunday could be a 30 minute drive on week days. A 30 minute drive could be 2 hour drive. I sometimes detour a 20km and drive 40 - 50 just to avoid traffic - faster and less stressful.

But a short drive for me would be under 10km - I don't measure by time as it may take between 20 minutes to an hour...... sometimes 2 hours if I'm "lucky". LOL

There are lots of fish stores in my suburb .... 10-15 minute walk. But I usually go to a place about 1 km away.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #4 
lvandert
Member
 
lvandert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rapid City Sd
a short drive for us is 1-2 hours. Anything shorter is just shorter lol. Multiple times a year my bf and I take about 3-5 trips to MN (a total of 10-12 hours each way) and about 4-5 trips to the other end of the state (5-6 hours each way).
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #5 
vilmarisv
Member
 
vilmarisv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Living in the city, anything over 15 minutes is a long drive... I live 4 minutes from work and the mall is just a couple of blocks down.
I like long drives for entertainment but I could not do a 45 minute comute like I used to.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #6 
Htennek
New Member
 
Htennek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Somewhere between rage and serenity.... if I am not there, then I must be in the coffeehouse chat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
hmmm..... where I'm at, it depends on what day and hour..... and which route. A 5 minute drive on a Sunday could be a 30 minute drive on week days. A 30 minute drive could be 2 hour drive. I sometimes detour a 20km and drive 40 - 50 just to avoid traffic - faster and less stressful.
I know how you feel. When I was in the Philippines, a 30 minute drive could also be a 2 hour drive... When it's Holy Week, a five hour drive could be 8-13 hours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
a short drive for us is 1-2 hours. Anything shorter is just shorter lol. Multiple times a year my bf and I take about 3-5 trips to MN (a total of 10-12 hours each way) and about 4-5 trips to the other end of the state (5-6 hours each way).
I wouldn't survive a 10 hour drive, let alone a 4 hour drive. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
Living in the city, anything over 15 minutes is a long drive... I live 4 minutes from work and the mall is just a couple of blocks down.
I like long drives for entertainment but I could not do a 45 minute comute like I used to.
Same here about the malls. Pet stores are all around and I live in the suburbs.
Htennek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #7 
lvandert
Member
 
lvandert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rapid City Sd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htennek View Post

I wouldn't survive a 10 hour drive, let alone a 4 hour drive. xD
lol it's not as hard as you think, its just boring (unless I have a fully charged gameboy advanced and pokemon XD). I unfortunately can't read in the car without getting carsick so I generally just watch the country side go by. My fb and I talk sometimes but there is only so much you can talk about. Luckily I can sleep in a moving car so sometimes I put my seat back and take a nap.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #8 
Htennek
New Member
 
Htennek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Somewhere between rage and serenity.... if I am not there, then I must be in the coffeehouse chat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
lol it's not as hard as you think, its just boring (unless I have a fully charged gameboy advanced and pokemon XD). I unfortunately can't read in the car without getting carsick so I generally just watch the country side go by. My fb and I talk sometimes but there is only so much you can talk about. Luckily I can sleep in a moving car so sometimes I put my seat back and take a nap.
I LOVE POKEMON! Although all the new pokemons are really ugly...

Well, I'd probably get bored 2 hours through the trip and bug my family.
Htennek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #9 
lvandert
Member
 
lvandert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rapid City Sd
lol hecks yes! original 150 were the best. I actually have a butterfree tattoo on my leg. It more references the show but its pokemon none the less
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #10 
Htennek
New Member
 
Htennek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Somewhere between rage and serenity.... if I am not there, then I must be in the coffeehouse chat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
lol hecks yes! Original 150 were the best. I actually have a butterfree tattoo on my leg. It more references the show but its pokemon none the less

awesome!
Htennek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm driving myself crazy thinking about this... finnfinnfriend Betta Chat 21 07-11-2012 03:22 PM
Algae is driving me mad! kfryman Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 9 07-07-2012 09:10 PM
Driving me CRAZY!!!! (new tailbitter) LittleBettas Betta Fish Care 8 02-01-2012 11:08 AM
She. Is. Driving. Me. Insane. wildmagic713 The Lounge 5 12-20-2010 04:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.