Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2012, 12:23 AM   #6921 
SteveTheBetta

My betta's new tank setup! Im so proud of it lol im a first time betta owner! he's got a couple live plants, the rest are fake eventually i would like to replace them with real ones. There is a heater hidden in the back and a thermometer and a snail hiding somewhere. eventually i will get a couple shrimp. the filter the tank came with was pretty strong but the bottle baffler that i saw on here works wonders!
Attached Images

SteveTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #6922 
Atena

Wow. So pretty. I love the lighting
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #6923 
MadameDesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheBetta View Post
My betta's new tank setup! Im so proud of it lol im a first time betta owner! he's got a couple live plants, the rest are fake eventually i would like to replace them with real ones. There is a heater hidden in the back and a thermometer and a snail hiding somewhere. eventually i will get a couple shrimp. the filter the tank came with was pretty strong but the bottle baffler that i saw on here works wonders!
What plant is that in the middle with the big leaves?
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #6924 
SteveTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameDesu View Post
What plant is that in the middle with the big leaves?
Im not sure i got it from the local pet store. its one of the live plants i have.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #6925 
MadameDesu

It looks like a perfect plant for a betta to rest on :)
Old 08-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #6926 
SteveTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameDesu View Post
It looks like a perfect plant for a betta to rest on :)
it is! he loves it, before it started growing roots it floated around so that was neat too. My betta loves to rest on his snail when the snail is sitting towards the top of the tank lol
Old 08-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #6927 
MadameDesu

Oh my gosh that's too funny. A betta sitting on a snail :P
And you say "his" snail? Does your pet have a pet? lol
Old 08-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #6928 
Atena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheBetta View Post
iMy betta loves to rest on his snail when the snail is sitting towards the top of the tank lol
I would love to see a photo of that.
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #6929 
MissRachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
With the tank light (top picture). The tank light can be switched between white, blue, and a combo.

With flash (bottom picture)

Saki is a copper & purple double tail but he looks nearly black hiding back there

So this is my guy's 5 gallon tank. I grew up raising bettas, but I always trusted my mom to know what was best for a pet... so I never knew that bettas needed plants, aeration, gravel and all that when I was younger. Growing up, ours always lived in a 2 gallon tank with those decorative glass beads, and a castle. No aeration, temperature checks, variety in diet, filter, plants, or even water conditioning. Their water was changed completely once in a while instead of only partially once a week. I guess it wasn't as bad as it gets, but it wasn't ideal either.

So mine has gravel with a few decorative glass stones spread out, 2 silk plants, 1 plastic plant, a filter, his castle, and an air stone (that's hiding in the corner behind the green plant) We haven't needed a heater yet since he's in our bedroom, but I keep a thermometer on his tank and it stays between 79-81. I'm not sure we'll even need one in the winter (I'm Pennsylvania) since our faulty heating system keeps this room warmest in the winter whether we like it or not.

Now my husband loves this guy so much he got a betta, and it's in Saki's old 2 gallon tank... since I got this 5 gallon tank, he's decided to get one for his guy too!
Ohmigosh I love that castle! Where did you find it? My soon to be fish is named Flash too, actually. I won his aquabid auction and am still waiting for the maol to come in. He's named for my school mascot as what drew me to him was rhâ he was my school colors! Didn't think it would be that popular of a name.
MissRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #6930 
copperarabian

the last pic didn't show my 10g tank very well so I took two separate photos of each side.

copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank