Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #1 
rosy delta

"things" to put in the tank

I have seen for sale, floating logs and other "things" to go in your betta tank. Rather than spend a lot of $$ are there things you can put in the tank. sticks or logs from around the yard?? what would be toxic and what would be ok?? my poor fish need a more interesting home!
rosy delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #2 
lvandert

I would actually head to the dollar store and pick up any glass cup or things of the such (try to get clear glass, nothing colored). Also sometimes petco/petsmart has clearance racks (you have to search and possibly ask) and sometimes they have great stuff back there for cheap.

Things in the yard are frowned upon. You don't know the chemicals on them, you don't know what's peed on them and generally everything has some form of toxin :/
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #3 
jeremywadejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosy delta View Post
I have seen for sale, floating logs and other "things" to go in your betta tank. Rather than spend a lot of $$ are there things you can put in the tank. sticks or logs from around the yard?? what would be toxic and what would be ok?? my poor fish need a more interesting home!
I would also suggest a cup or coffee mug to create a little cave. Also, I've picked up a few medium sized silk plants at Petsmart only for around a dollar.
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #4 
mattoboy

But you can boil sticks and such for 2 hours if you really want a decoration/decorations and you dont live too close to a store for pets. ^
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #5 
rosy delta

Thanks! i wasnt sure about the silk plants. the cup idea is great - would never have thought of it--at least until i saw someone else using it. i dont have a petsmart too close, but next time i get to one i will have to check that out too. Thanks again!
rosy delta is offline   Reply With Quote