Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #21 
SpookyTooth

Oh I'm so sorry! I know nothing about breeding but I wish you the best of luck with your remaining fry and hope you try again in future!
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #22 
Kelly0727

Thanks, I was up until 8am last night checking every half hour to make sure he was still alive.. I am so scared im going to lose him. Looks like he is now free swimming! I did put 2-3 bbs in there (believe me that wasn't easy to get such a little amount) and only found one dead. So either the fry ate them or they are still alive and moving around in there. (i check with a flash light since thats what I use to spot the fry as well)

The fry still have a white tummy.. but its showing less and less as time goes on. But he is two days old :)
Kelly0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #23 
tpocicat

The stomach will be an orange color when he/she eats brine shrimp. YAY for the little guy!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #24 
Fasht

Hm, My first spawn looked like they were all dead, they were lying on the floor because the male didn't tend to his bubble nest. But that doesnt mean that they were actually dead. They just couldn't move too well yet because of the yolk that's surrounding them. Since you said that they were only a day old, maybe just maybe your spawn was kinda like mine.
Fasht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #25 
tpocicat

IMO you may have taken the male out too soon.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #26 
Kelly0727

No they were dead, with the fry I was able to see their little eyes but the ones that was scattered around the tank didnt show any little black dot eyes. And they were All over the tank. Not one was near the nest.

Plus I stared at that tank for hours with a flash light looking for any movement what so ever for any survivors. Wow.. that made me think of titanic.. Anyway, I didnt change the tank water or take it out for that matter just in case there are surviving fry in there that I havent seen. SInce I only had grizzle in a floating cup before taking him out I let him back in and he went right back to his nest.

Some time last night i guess he stopped since the nest was broken up when I woke up But there are still live plants in here so I know there is food.

Because the fry is so small do you think he will have trouble finding the bbs? I mean I have him in a decent size floating cup so its not like its going to be everywhere he looks like with a normal spawn...
Kelly0727 is offline   Reply With Quote