Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #1 
Alcemistnv

Unhappy i feel...torn..

So, let me start off by saying that in the most recent months I've noticed my mom and i arent getting along as well. I think its because I'm becoming more of an adult and that I have more control in the house sometimes than she does, that she has to argue and fight with me over everything. Plus there's a 11 month old baby in the house that my mom likes to dump on my sisters and i while she does trivial things. And then there's my 11 year old sister who fights with me and my 17 year old sister over EVERYTHING.

now I love my family but there is so much stress. I've pulled myself deeper in my betta just tl feel better, but now they're starting to hound me on that.
My mom and dad are fans of the whole "its just a fish" thing.
And my mom just told me that "I'm not supposed to get attached to a fish because they die and don't live long." That's like saying that I can't love my dog because she only lives to be around d 12-13 years. What's the difference between 2 and 12 years?

I have Pudge now and I'm even more into my fish. But my mom treats my fish watching as going on my laptop. Tank cleaning can be difficult because no one accomadtes to my needs (iE. A clean sink)

Its easy to say "just talk to them", but not when you actually live in the house. talking to them only lands on deaf ears. They'll just stay dead fast on their thoughts and beliefs. There's no changing.

But I'm torn between family and fish. I want to live with those who make me feel welcome. Why is it that my fish and dogs are the only knew happy to see me when i come home? Why do they relieve my stress and not cause it.

Has betta keeping pulled me further away from my family...?

I'd like some advice please, from anyone who has been in a similar situation....
I don't want it that my family start to hate my fish and try to get rid of them in a terrible way like how they've tried for my dog...

Last edited by Alcemistnv; 08-08-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

You just need hope! Things will get better. I'm actually emotional, whenever I'm mad I have a sensation of crying for no reason. Whoops... I too have a tired feeling of my mother. I feel like she just loves me because I do chores. I get tired of thinking that but she does. Don't worry, everything will get better soon.

BTW, tell your 11 year old sister off for me. I don't know her, but I'm 11 and she should be more responsible. All of you are going through tough times right now and fighting is the last thing that should happen right now. No offense, you're gong through a lot and she's making it worse. ._.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #3 
sunlight

I think it problems that most families have. It always get better though. I think it just live with all our difficulties and problem. It always happy days and tired or emotional/sad days. Work,school, children,bills we have to take fore. Parents always worries about children do good in school,friends so on...
I am a lot of older then you probably. I always argued about everything with my father. I though he don't like me and i don't like him. We are better now though, but many years later....

I am sure your mother has a lot of responsibilities and worries. I would not get upset and especially blame on yourself or on your pet.

Also i have bettas for long time and guess what not all people understand fish as a pet. And a lot of people love fish as a pet. I am working in the office where the doctor has fish all his life and loves it. You know what first i was offended then i just used to it. Some people don't love cats other don't love fish. It not necessary for them to love it but it is need them to respect your interest though. And i don't think that fish or dog or any other pet pull you away from pedants. It just live. And may be sometimes you need to speak to your mother and father and let them know your concern and worries. I am sure they love you and will be glad to hear how to help to improve relations ship between you.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #4 
lillyandquigly

@Lebron, that's awesome we're almost the same age! @Alchemist, it will get better, tell your little sister to mature up a little bit! How did they Try to get rid of your dog?O.o
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #5 
Alcemistnv

Thanks Lebron and Sunlight. Both posts made me feel like I wasn't in the wrong and that I just have to accept it sometimes. I get to go back to school soon, so I can get away from some of the stress, but I know I'll always have my fish and you guys to be there for me <3

@Lilly, my dog has separation aniety, so if I leave the house, he runs out looking for me. Once I was out walking the other dog and they purposely left the front door open, so he ran out of the house into a busy street. Luckily running in the grass made him have to pee =.= But they've done that a few times since we've had him.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #6 
lillyandquigly

That is so mean! I would freak if someone did that to one of my animals:( I'm so sorry
Old 08-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #7 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyandquigly View Post
@Lebron, that's awesome we're almost the same age! @Alchemist, it will get better, tell your little sister to mature up a little bit! How did they Try to get rid of your dog?O.o
Really? I never knew that. Are you like 12 or 10? You said almost so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcemistnv View Post
Thanks Lebron and Sunlight. Both posts made me feel like I wasn't in the wrong and that I just have to accept it sometimes. I get to go back to school soon, so I can get away from some of the stress, but I know I'll always have my fish and you guys to be there for me <3

@Lilly, my dog has separation aniety, so if I leave the house, he runs out looking for me. Once I was out walking the other dog and they purposely left the front door open, so he ran out of the house into a busy street. Luckily running in the grass made him have to pee =.= But they've done that a few times since we've had him.
You're welcome. I don't want anyone to feel bad because of their family. How dare they do that?! That's so mean! My grandparents', (Mom's side) dog was accidentally run over by a car so you're lucky! I still miss that dog but, it's feeling better now. :')
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #8 
lillyandquigly

hang on, I'll pm you how old I am(I'm not aloud to say how old I actually am)
Old 08-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #9 
MyRainbowBettaFish

don't worry, after a hurricane comes a rainbow :)

They tried to get rid of the dog!!! Sheesh, lets just say that wouldn't settle well with me AT ALL. My animals are family members, not "just a horse" or "just a dog", and thats why they are TREATED like family members.

Gosh, if i was in your position, i would have reacted differently, but then again, thats just me :)

Kudos to you for being so strong, and i hope everything gets better!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #10 
lillyandquigly

me to:) good luck Alchemist(lol, whenever I see your name, for some reason it registers in my mind as saying Alchemistry)