Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #11 
MadameDesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post

Hydro makes deluxe sponge filters. One advantage is they can use an airstone, which actually increases the flow through the filter. The Hydro '0' will work in a 3 gal.
Another helpful tip that I found on another forum. Instea of using an airstone which you'd have to replace, one user cut "teeth" into the airline tubing end that was in the lift tube. They claimed that this helped to break up the bubbles.
I can link to that thread if anyone would like a picture :)
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:22 AM   #12 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfeejayx View Post
I bought the big version of this. Mine is on a powerhead, but this should work fine with just air. Has lots of area for bacteria growth. There's smaller ones out there if you want, also.

NEW Aquarium Biochemical Sponge Filter Fish Tank Air Pump | eBay
That's a good little filter, much better than the Tetra 3i. It's available on Amazon for even less. And if you already have the pump....

Someone on a DIY CO2 thread claims using a cigarett filter makes the finest bubbles of all. There IS a limit. LoL

Last edited by Hallyx; 08-09-2012 at 03:24 AM.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote