Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #1 
teeneythebetta

Question Anyone else have social anxiety disorder?

Wondering if any betta enthusiasts suffer from SAD like me..
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #2 
MSG

I know some people who have told me they suffer from it.

But don't know much about it. My friend who has is has let the disorder mess up his life pretty bad, but that's just one of his issues out of many that I can't relate with. He also had a lot of really bad things that happened when he was child that haunt him to this day.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #3 
Leeniex

I've never been diagnosed, but I get bad anxiety anytime I have to be out in public, even going to McDonald's. If I am not alone I'm not quite as bad.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #4 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeniex View Post
I've never been diagnosed, but I get bad anxiety anytime I have to be out in public, even going to McDonald's. If I am not alone I'm not quite as bad.
True. I've not been diagnosed but I do believe and so do others I've talked to online that I have some sort of social problem.

I actually just Joined a forum @ http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/
Old 08-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #5 
LionCalie

I suffer from it as well. It used to be so bad that I couldn't go anywhere by myself. Therapy and medication are what really have improved it. Of course I still avoid most crowded places and I'm never fully comfortable in public.
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #6 
Rosso1011

I suffer from social anxiety disorder. There are some things that I hate doing by myself that have to deal with being in public. I am a miserable public speaker as well, which is weird since I used to act. It doesn't seem to matter how well I am versed on a subject, when it comes to giving a speech on it, I freeze up. I'd rather write the speech and hand it to somebody else, just don't make me get up there and give the speech!

It's incredibly difficult to explain the anxiety to somebody who doesn't have it. Explain to me how it is I am able to get on a roller coaster that makes a 90 degree drop but I can't give a speech in front of an audience. Seems pretty silly to me.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't like big crowds, either. They make me nervous. I'm not even going to the fair this year because people irritate me so much.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #8 
teeneythebetta

Hey, people irritate me too! :D lol
I hate asking strangers to do stuff for me.. Like if the fish guy is not in the fish department, I just go to the pet store on another day. -_-
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #9 
OrangeAugust

I think I might. I get all nervous if I'm with new people, or even people I've met many times but don't know well- so nervous that I can't even think of things to talk about. That makes me more nervous every time I meet someone new because I'm worrying about coming off as boring because I don't have anything to say. So it's like a vicious cycle. I avoid group things when there are going to be people there who I don't know. It's not that I want to be this way, but I can't help it. I freak out every time I go to any kind of gathering where I don't know anyone except for the person I went with. I get all nervous when talking to new people, like not knowing what to do with my hands or not knowing where to look, and like, "Oh crap, I just looked them in the eye... now I'm not looking at them- this is weird. Look at their nose... ok... what did you just say?"
It sucks. It's probably a big reason why I'm 30 and still not married.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote