Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2012, 01:17 AM   #11 
Jessie1990

Thanks DQ :)

Everything has been growing great other than the java fern. I'm going to wait a little bit longer before I take it out
Jessie1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #12 
Hopeseeker

Petsmart has a couple nice natural looking backgrounds and they are clings, so no adhesive. Both my java ferns are mass producing baby ferns off the leaves, they just seem to like my tank. Don't know why they like me...lol. Also, have you ever thought of floating plants? Just got water sprite a couple weeks ago, and my bettas love to make bubble nests in them. Gives my tank a nice look, too.
Hopeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #13 
Jessie1990

I will have to check out the backgrounds :) I have been watching all the petstores in the area for some floating plants and two more nerite snails. Closest stores are an hour away other than Walmart.... And my bf doesnt let me go in Walmart anymore because I get really upset when I see the bettas and SBD goldfish. So since I am currently visiting KC I will have to hit a few stores :D
Jessie1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #14 
Hopeseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie1990 View Post
I will have to check out the backgrounds :) I have been watching all the petstores in the area for some floating plants and two more nerite snails. Closest stores are an hour away other than Walmart.... And my bf doesnt let me go in Walmart anymore because I get really upset when I see the bettas and SBD goldfish. So since I am currently visiting KC I will have to hit a few stores :D
Understandable about walmart...fortunately, the one I work at doesn't have a fish area. Unfortunately, they recently got a spot just for bettas, still haven't seen any, though. Area for bettas is always filled with random tank ornaments. I kinda have to stay away from our closest petco...they don't have the heathiest bettas, lately. Even talked to managers about the health, once.
Hopeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #15 
JBosley

Makes me want to plant my divided, instead of getting 2 new tanks to plant!
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #16 
Sowman

I'm thinking the same thing. I may move my two males into my QT's and work on the 10g and do the same.
Sowman is offline   Reply With Quote