Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2012, 04:12 AM   #1 
vP H O T O Nv

New friend for a special person.

I went to petco today in search of some more information of salt water tanks. I plan on setting up a *nano tank here pretty soon. After I got done asking my questions finding out a little bit more, I decided to venture over to the Betta section with my girlfriend.

I already manage 4 tanks plus help maintain 3 others's I don't really want another betta, but I was looking at different types. After one of my two pass, I may get myself a Delta Tail but that won't be for a while. Since mine are healthy and have grown to like me a lot.

She has been sawing in a very indirect way she wanted a fish that was colorful and could give the tank that extra live so it doesn't seem so empty. She loves to watch Delta be himself, loves how he flares, and just his coloring, well all betta's for that matter. I did notice she kept picking up on cup in particular, he was a double tail male, Black to deep blue to turquoise, with nice red streaks through his fins. Anyways she was claiming he had fin rot, I gave him a look, his fins are simply starting to fry out nothing bad. I put him down and we left, she didn't say anything.

Anyways she sent me on a food run because neither of us felt like cooking today during this time I made a trip back to petco since it's across the street from wendy's and bought the fish, for her.

Right now I'm keeping him in yet another new hospital tank, I'm going to get his fins strait again, then give him to her next Sunday. Due to having some special plans for that night.

* Now for those who may be curious about the Saltwater nano tank. When I say nano tank I mean 10 gallon. Not sure what I want to do at the moment, I will probably base it around a couple clownfish. I am only doing it as a tester tank to see if I have a capability to care for a larger tank. I think I may be able to get a 120 gal saltwater tank for free from my aunt, 10 is a lot more work, but if I can take care of that then the 120 shouldn't be an issue. That won't be till a lot later though.

Last edited by vP H O T O Nv; 08-09-2012 at 04:16 AM.
vP H O T O Nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #2 
lvandert

awws!!! thats so sweet! Good luck on the nano tank. I've seen them and they look cool but I've always heard salt water tanks are super touchy.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:31 AM   #3 
vP H O T O Nv

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
awws!!! thats so sweet! Good luck on the nano tank. I've seen them and they look cool but I've always heard salt water tanks are super touchy.
Yeah, I've read up on a lot, it's going to take a lot to just get it started. 5-6 months of cycling before you can add fish, taking weekly tests, special lighting for the corals and fish, all sorts of things. Plus the fact that taking shortcuts to get fish in it sooner is a big no no, they *work* but it can severely hurt the fish in the long run.
vP H O T O Nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #4 
lvandert

Don't most new pets take a lot to get started? lol. I hope it turns out. Are you going to attempt live coral and plants?
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote