Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #1 
Ant10a

Moving Soon....

I am moving to University about 4 hours away. It might take another hour or so to get settled in and get everything figured out.

So, I have 3 bettas. I was planning on putting them in in bags, half filled with water and setting them in a picnic cooler thing to keep the temperature from moving around much, with cardboard between them so they can see each other, but they would be in the dark anyway.

Do you think they would be fine for that long in there? About 5 hours?
Ant10a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #2 
HadesShadow

I think they will be fine as long as there isn't much movement. I think for about five hours it'll be like nighttime for them and they'll probably just rest for the ride. Maybe you could feed them a pellet or two before closing their baggies and leaving. Also if you take a rest stop you can maybe take them out for awhile so they're able to get some sunlight.
HadesShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #3 
cjconcepcion

just dont leave them with the car with the ac turned off, they can handle shipping very well, just not extreme temperatures
cjconcepcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #4 
Ant10a

Ok thanks. They won't be left in extreme temperatures. I don't have AC in my car (bummer I know) but the windows will be left down during travel to keep the temperature in the car down for them, and me haha!

The only time they will be left in the car is when I am getting set up with the University to get my room and all of that set up. That should take no more than an hour hopefully. Windows down in the car.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #5 
cjconcepcion

you should be fine :) i dont think the back of usps trucks are air conditioned either. haha
cjconcepcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #6 
Ant10a

Haha.

I'm going to arrive and want to get to my room ASAP to set up my bettas :P... Then I can meet the roommate haha!