Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #11 
MistersMom

..... i just added AQ to his tank though D: and i dont have any epson salt... i dont know where to get it :/ .... ill stop doinf the AQ salt and just keep up with water changes if the AQ salt is hurting him... :/
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #12 
lvandert

give the aq salt a few days to work its magic. Unscented epsom salt can be picked up at most big chain stores (target, walmart, samsclub) and most grocery stores.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #13 
MyRainbowBettaFish

remember, never mix epsom and AQ salt together. He is adorable!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #14 
lvandert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
remember, never mix epsom and AQ salt together. He is adorable!
crap, I knew I forgot to add something... Thanks rainbow for the catch
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #15 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
crap, I knew I forgot to add something... Thanks rainbow for the catch
hahha No problem :)
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #16 
CandiceMM

MistersMom, you are so thoughtful. This thread hit the heart and means so much to me. I love rescue stories but to have one that involves me is such an inspiration. It's nice to hear some feedback, just knowing people take notice and feel like they too can make a difference is where we have succeeded.

I am so proud of you on this rescue, It takes a great person with a big heart to do this. We all need to be a voice for these fish we love so much. With every recognition on one Betta rescue it is sure to bring awareness and inspiration to more people out there willing to help make a difference in a Betta's life.

Having said all that, here are some of the things I did with Heart Breaker.

I purchased a 2.5 gallon hospital tank that I did not fill up all the way making the surface easier to get too.

I got a heater and got him acclimated to a bit warmer temp.

I use API Stress Coat to help reduce stress and help restore his slime coat. It was help with tail and fin regeneration while conditioning the water as well.

I do a 100% water change every day to ensure pristine water.

I add Aquarium Salt to help with tail regrowth and other things.

I also got a hammock and he didn't use it for a week so keep it in there he will eventually start to use it.

I fed Heart Breaker 3 tiny meals a day to help him put on weight, I gave him a mixture of Frozen Blood Worms, Freeze Dried Blood Worms, Frozen Brine Shrimp and Pellets. Helped keep his interest in eating.

I am pretty sure that is all I did and in less than a week Heart Breaker was a different fish.

Good Luck with this little beauty, he will hold a very special place in your heart and will always be the reason why you will want to help out so many other Betta's in the future.

Thanks for the recognition, means more than you will ever know.
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #17 
MistersMom

your welcome, and thank you for the tips, but he passed away from unknown causes this afternoon... he was half dead when i got him though... so i figured he would pass, but i felt it was my duty to atleast give him a name and home before he died, and let him stay in a warm place... :/ i do feel bad for him though, the fact that he sat on a shelf for a whole month is pretty terrible... but now he is in fishy heaven and i do plan on eventually rescuing another, maybe one in not so bad condition, so that i can get more experience... but thanks for all your help :) it meant alot to me.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #18 
CandiceMM

I am very sorry for the loss, I know what a disappointment that would be. I know the feeling of being so hopeful and the need to get this poor little Betta better. Don't let one loss change your mind on rescuing, you were his angel. You gave him the perfect home, I'm sure he was the happiest he had ever been. I hope you find a new Betta to help and he will love you the same!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #19 
MistersMom

your so thoughtful! :)
Old 08-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #20 
lelei

Thumbs up

Wow, I didn't see this, I am overwhelmed, Thank you soo much for this, I am soo glad what we did gave you inspiration to take in a rescue..that is a beautiful thing, I just received the link to this thread, Congrats on such a beautiful find, such a sad thing to see how dirty that cup is..my god ..makes me want to cry..I saw the same thing the other day..

I wish I could help more,, but does my heart good that someone else is..He needs some time, that pic with him next to the heater proves that is what they need and love..Pictures don't lie..Keep up the good work..you will have him swimming and getting some nice coloring in no time..:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote