Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #11 
lvandert

hmm it sounds like something is stuck in his mouth, check his gills does he have little white worms in them? are they at all red or inflamed looking? You do need to do more water changes, you only have a 2 gallon tank, yes you have a filter but in a small tank there is only so much it can do. I would be doing 50% water changes every other day with this guy, especially because he's not feeling well.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #12 
BLACK008

Thanks so much for helping us! I checked his mouth and gills, no signs of any thing. However there is a long white stringy thing hanging off the back of his tail fin. Also, he does have some signs of fin rot, I can post a current photo if he will come off of his betta hammock to show you. I will add it to my photo album. The one there is from when we first got Lance in May 2012.
BLACK008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #13 
lvandert

alright yeah, post a picture when you can. I looked at the one in your album, its really hard to see whats going on. If you could get a side shot of him (like you see him from the side fins and all). From the picture you have I can't see the white thing hanging off the tail and he looks a bit bloated. I can't see the fin rot either.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #14 
BLACK008

I just posted a second photo from the side, looks much clearer. What do you think? Your help is much appreciated!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #15 
lvandert

I can't find it. Is it in the same album as before?
Old 08-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #16 
BLACK008

yes, sorry took so long to answer, family came in for VACA. I will try to repost another photo. I am not as tech savvy...Thanks for great advice. Lance is still in same conditon but not the head tremors. He never opens his fins. :(